Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laguna Niguel update
[cool][font "verdana"][size 2]December 03, 2007

Laguna Niguel Lake Fish Report 12-03-07
by Laguna Niguel Staff

Next trout stocking will be the Utah ‘Hook –Jaws’ on Tuesday night Dec. 11.

Fishing this past week has been good. We had a few brave anglers catching their limit despite the rain. The water clarity is clearing up with the recent beautiful weather. The hot spots for the boats have been on the other side of the lake by three pipes, in the flats & by the diffuser at the dam. On shore the best spots have been by the launch ramp, & at the point. The best baits to use have been inflated night crawlers with garlic oil, rainbow power bait, GULP rainbow candy, salmon eggs & Lip Ripperz jigs in chartreuse color.

Big fish of the week was a 6.25lbs beautiful hook jaw male. No name was taken.

*Hot tip – use scent or attractant on every bait when the water is murky in color.

Fly Fishermen

The flats have been very productive using chart midge & black wooly bugs at about 8 – 9 ft depth.

If you want a little brush up on your fly fishing techniques don’t forget about Frank Murata’s Fly fishing classes on Saturday mornings. For more info on the classes please email Frank at [url "mailto:FishingwithFrank@aol.com"]FishingwithFrank@aol.com[/url].

If you would like your name and/or picture in the newspaper or on the website please email your photos & info to [url "mailto:LnLake@cox.net"]LnLake@cox.net[/url], or stop by the concession building and ask. No matter what size fish you have.

To view the Laguna Niguel Lake trout stocking schedule visit our website.

[/size][/font] [font "Verdana"][size 2]
[url "http://www.lagunaniguellake.com/index.html"]Laguna Niguel Lake[/url]
Laguna Niguel , California
(949) 326-3885
[/size][/font]
[signature]
Yes.... No
[signature]
..no guarantees on the early McD's part from me.. what time are we planning to meet at the lake??

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
We should be good for arrival at the lake close to sunrise or 7:00am. Maybe just a little earlier.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]Haven't heard from you in a while TubeN2 - thought that you headed up to Alaska to do graduate work. [Wink] LOL[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4]Are you gathering at McDonalds at 6:00 am?[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
good seeing ya again bro.. I am glad you said 7:00... was dreading that 6:00 am thing.. lol.. but.. if I get going early I will try to make the mac d's thing..

.. we are still tubing correct??? either way I am bringing another rod and lures... if need be I hope I can get some bait there ...

.. see ya in the morning...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]Better wear your themo long johns - here is the weather forcast:[/size][/green][/font] [font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]Laguna Niguel, CA Weather Forecast[/size][/green][/font] [center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]2:00 PM PST FRI DEC 14 2007[/size][/green][/font][/center] [left][font "Poor Richard"][size 4][green]TONIGHT - Mostly clear. Lows 35 to 45. Light winds. [/green][/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Poor Richard"][size 4][green]SATURDAY - Mostly sunny. Highs 61 to 66 near the coast to 66 to 71 inland. Light winds. [/green][/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Poor Richard"][size 4][green]SATURDAY NIGHT - Mostly clear. Lows 37 to 46. Light winds. [/green][/size][/font][/left]
[signature]
.. lol I left my long johns in TN last year when I was hunting with MacLarry.. so I will have to wear an extra sweatshirt and jacket and hope for the best...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
If you don't have Fleece then Thermals and Sweats will work as well as flannel pajamas and two pairs of socks...feet can never be too warm!; Warmer the better in Breathable waders and less in Neoprene because its a good insulator in itself. Layers on top because it will get hot quick. Don't forget your hat!, and Glasses and coffee and some snacks and nightcrawlers...maybe some Bloody Marys...[angelic] were fishin' early, now get some sleep.
[signature]
[left][cool][font "Pristina"][green][size 4]Just happened to be tubing at Laguna Niguel Lake this morning. Pic # 1. BTW there was frost on the ground when I launched. Then lo & behold there was Bendopolo doing a little fishing from his mini toon. Pic # 2.Then a little later found these two dudes doing who knows what in their tubes. Pic # 3. TubeN2 & MacFly were discussing their strategy on catching a big one. Hey we're all proud of our BFT member from the South {San Diego area that is}. This was MacFly's first outing on a tube. He did very well. Although we all had our cell phones out ready to dial 911 just in case. While the water temps was only 53º no one volunteered to jump in if needed. Fishing wasn't that great but hey we all had a good time discussing what if at a late lunch. Cell phones don't take very good pictures - at least mine doesn't. [/left] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=31732;][/size][/green][/font][/center] [left]
[/left]
[signature]
Thanks for the report. We all had a good time inspite of the slight chill.

MacFly did a good job on his maiden voyage.[cool]
[signature]
... a big thank you to both of you for the report.. the pictures.. the tube.. the patience and perserverence to get me into a tube..

....all I can say is I had a blast.. it was a little scary at first but as I got more relaxed it was one of the best fishing experiences I have ever had.. its amazing to me how close you can get to the action and also how calming it can be to be floating on the water all in your own world.. trying to figure out what the fish may or may not like etc.. at dinner tonite I told my wife I wanted a tube..she Smiled and said we would work on getting one.. am I a lucky guy or what???

physically I was doing good until we went to dinner... my muscles are now telling me I should not of done what I did.. but ya know what.. Im telling them to get used to it.. I will go tubing again.. and again.. and again.. lol.

hey sis.. that really is tn2 and I in that picture.. we made sure and took at least one picture to prove your little bro really did go tubing.. [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]Hey MacFly - you picked the right day for your maiden voyage. The lake was smooth as glass. I have never been tubing on water so flat & void of wind as it was yesterday. BTW my bod is hurting too this morning.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
The glass water was amazing. I have only had several glass launches in my tubing career and I would have to say that that was one of the best.

I guess we should share some of this report on the Tubing board as well and the FF board.[cool]
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Pristina"][green][size 4]Here is a picture that Bendopolo took as we arrived at the lake. Temp had to be around 35º. [/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=31751;][/center]
[signature]
This was one of those idyllic trips that, even though the fishing wasn't that great, the company and the scenery really made up for it. Macflys' frst tube proved exhilarating and I always find it better to just let the new guys paddle around on their own, rather than squawking helpful commands their way. It is really easy when you come down to it. . Comfort is king. Its a whole new world on the tube. You look at the lake from a different angle. When a your fish jumps, you look up at it. When its hot,the water cools you down. When its windy,the water shields you. When it's very cold, the water usually is warmer. With some fleece socks and pants and thermals and a windbreaker on top I'm toasty in the worst snow and ice invaded lake. In the Summer...trunk it with just some fins.
We started out in 53 degree water. The fishing was tough. I managed to hook two large crappie and a small bass while throwing the Mini-magic lure.No Trout. Not to be beaten by a Samo G, the secondary never fail Dropshot the trout size Power Worm...Failed. Green,Pink Sparkle Chartreuse. Nada.The Water temp continued to climb. Cruising over to the East shore, bathed in sunlight, the temp continued up. First Flipping Bass was in 59 degree water about five feet deep. Three more fish within about 20 feet, the bite as on! ...The bite was off! No more for thirty minutes as the water got shallower and the temp continued to rise. Right past the Three Pipes area,at a temp of 62 degrees, fish on. Then two more including the four pounder. All out of 18 to 24 inches of water. All Flipping on the Molo.
The day ended early as the group was ready for lunch. Teds Burgers was serviceable and I hope a welcome switch from Micky D's. Tired but happy, It's time to go fish again.
[signature]
... at lunch I was telling ya'll how TN2 got things ready and then he launched.. I looked around and he was all but gone.. so DR talked me thru the launch.. once in the tube it was kick and kick some more.. not sure where I was going but I knew I was going somewhere.. [Smile].. I did get a chance to ask TN2 a few things about tubing.. like.. where the he.. am I going.. and ... how do you turn this thing.. I could hear him laughing for a bit after we seperated.. he went to one end and I stayed on the other.. and..

I had an absolute blast.. worked a few things out on my own so it was probably good that no one was really that close. .. so I have to agree with bendo on leaving the newbie alone.. give them a chance to work thru things on their own.. [Smile].. I figured that if I had a question I could not work out the other guys were a call away....[Smile]

.. I will say I had a few hard hits on some plastics I was using (after I had tangled up my fly rod so bad I just took it apart and fished with it across my lap).. later DR agreed that most of his hits were hard and fast.. but no hook ups.. so it was not just me.. [sly]

..as we were going back into shore TN2 asked me about my speed kick.. he later explained that he was referring to the need to kick hard and fast if you heard the pppssssssssssstttttttttt of air leaking out of your tube.. I told him I had not worked on it but I had a feeling that if that ever happen I am sure I could find my fast kick in a hurry... [Smile]

I had a blast tubing and do appreciate the time and patience of everyone with this old newbie and I do look forward to more chances to tube with these guys again..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 4]MAN I wish I could have been there. That water is BEAUTIFUL and NO ICE! Mac, tubing really isn't that tuff is it. And you are right at being able to cover all that water...that is why we all love it.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 4]Hearing you describe getting in and out of the tube, I pictured TubeN2 giving you a donut! But I see it was a U-Tube. Just got to think backwards. Walk backwards and kick backwards.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 4]JEALOUS you guys![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
...been thinking bout my exit all the rest of the weekend.. now I know I could of done either of two things..

.. come into shore to a point where I can stand up in about waist deep water and then walk out backwards.. or.. get a little shallower and .. stand up.. pick up the tube and walk out backwards.. but..

key is.. (lets all hear it now). WALK BACKWARDS... [sly]

but no matter the awkwardness and the apprehension and all the rest.. I had a blast and look forward to the next trip.. I have already talked to the wife and I am now starting to look seriously for my own tube.. aint life wonderful [Smile]

MacFly
[signature]
Hey Sis!

I was going to give him my old Fishmaster donut to start out in but I probably would have peed in my waders just from laughing at the gracefull launch.[shocked]

Here are the rest of the pics from my camera. Sorry it took so long. I had a hard time finding the roll of film to develope on my digital camera.[Tongue] It's tough being blonde.[crazy]

1. Bendopolo with @ 2lb slab.

2. MacFly taking tube back to truck.

3. Dryrod following suit.

4. The four of us at lunch.

[inline "PICT0008 (2).JPG"]

[inline "PICT0009 (2).JPG"]

[inline "PICT0010 (2).JPG"]

[inline "PICT0016 (2).JPG"]

From left to right:
Dryrod, MacFly55, Bendopolo and TubeN2[cool]
[signature]