Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my wiper fix today
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Took a friend from work out to Willard today. We launched at the South marina at about 8:00 AM. Water temp was about 45 degrees. Headed for the island. Thought I seen Tom P. circling the island. Didn't mark much activity. Went to the light pole and trolled up and down the west dike most of the morning with only a few bites. Decided to head over to the S-W corner and troll up the South dike. At about 12:30 luck came swimming our way. As we headed up the dike in about 13-17 feet of water, we marked LOTS of wipers. Within an hour and a half we had seven wipers. Most around 2 1/2 lbs. We were trolling chartreuse grubs and lipless crank bait. Smelly jelly on the grubs seemed to help. We were trolling about 3.0 - 3.2 mph. Then a water skier went skiing in and out of the 3 or 4 fishing boats and the sonar marks left completely and we never caught another. Water temp at time of catch had raised to about 53 degrees.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Plenty of water coming in over the baffles. Water pretty murky in the S-E area. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Here's a pic of my friend D.B. and his "back in the Saddle again" Smile.[/size][/font]

[Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0028160.jpg]
[signature]
Congratulations Old Coot I wish I got my wiper fix. Fished from 4:00-8:00. Fished from the light pole to the S.W.corner then along the south dike had one hit but missed him. Then we fished the island and by the feed lot and had another hit but lost him also. The water temp. was 56 by the south marina and 58 out by the pole. The water seems to be warming up quickly. I'm going back tomorrow evening.
[signature]
ah, great news.
[signature]
Nice wipers, we noticed the same problem with the wakeborders, they had the whole lake to ski in but seemed to enjoy staying in the same area with the fishing boats.
We talked to you in the parking lot, I was fishing with my friend from Sportsmans Warehouse in the green Lund. Were those your friends first wipers? He seem to have really enjoyed himself.

MackAttack
[signature]
Stupid water skiers! It never fails every time those wipers and walleyes get spooked by those dumbells who don't realize to slow down while approaching fishing boats, spoking fish and at the same time, causing bad wakes to jar our boats!
[signature]
I believe it's 150 feet.
[signature]
use to be 180 feet but i know this when you can hit a boat with a rock they are too close.
[signature]