Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tempe Town Lake
Going to be in town for a family birthday party this up coming weekend. My brother in law is saying they are catching some nice large mouths out of Tempe town lake on yamamoto split tail jigs. Any other feed back on this or am I better off hitting up the research park or maybe even McKelips? It has been a while and i have Most of the day friday to check it out after stopping by water dog willies for an out of state licence. I do not have great transport Can only get dropped at one location and fish it for about four hours looking for productivity.
[signature]
[cool]Hey, Bro. Sorry I didn't check the forum last night. Below is a quote from this week's fishing report. It has been windy, and that has knocked the heck out of some of the fishing. But, from what I hear, Tempe Town Lake is worthwhile. It is also close to ASU, and frequent sightings of pulchritude have bee reported. (Bikini's)

TEMPE TOWN LAKE -Rainbow trout fishing has slowed. Most stocked trout may have been caught. In addition, water temperatures are warming into the upper end of trout tolerance, making them lethargic and taking them “off the bite.” Some may be caught on chartreuse-, lemon- or pink-colored Power Bait. Anglers are also starting to catch some yellow bass. Yellow bass are plentiful land average about 7 inches. Worms work well for them. Largemouth bass have started biting and should get better in the next few weeks. Bass are being caught averaging 1-3 pounds. Most fish are caught close to shore. There is a good population of threadfin shad: shad imitation lures work well. One angler last week was catching yellow and largemouth bass using a Mister Twister. There is a 13-inch-minumum-length requirement. You need a state fishing license - Class A (not an Urban License). If you are fishing for and keeping trout, you need a trout stamp. A two-pole stamp can be used here. Other baits include worms, and corn. Carp and tilapia are also plentiful in this lake.
[signature]