Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you know if its warm water ???
Well I took my boat and headed to Jordanelle this morning about 6:45 and had my boat on the water by 7:00....

The temps was, at home 34 when I left and 12 at the lake when I got there water was 38 and about a 5 to 10 mile an hour wind...

Went looking for some fish in 20' of water but most was in 35'to 60' deep it was hard to feel the bites with the wind and even harder to hold over the fish I did get 7 smalles all about 14 or 15" long and 7 trout 2 was browns from 60' missed a lot of bites, left at 12:30 with the wind still at it the temps when I left was 35...
[signature]
Nice report and good job on the deep pick.[cool]
[signature]
I don't know how you do it. Last Saturday night I was gathering my cold weather fishing gear and looked at my boat with four tarps over it and covered with snow and said "nope, I don't think so".
You're time fishing Jordanelle has proved worthy. How much longer before it's iced over?
[signature]
Last year I was fishing the Nell tell Jan. 15, it iced up on the 17 and on the 15 the temps air was -8 water was 35....

But the 15th I got over 40 bass and a few browns, the year before I fished all winter it did not freeze the main body of the lake....

Right now the ice is in the Rockclif arm out to the buoy line, I got a few trout with my boat against the ice ....
[signature]