Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
and the moral of the story is...
If you can't make fun of yourself then life is that much less exciting. This morning I got up for work and while waiting for the truck to warm up I was walking down the hallway in my house trimming my fingernails with my pocket knife when I stepped on the edge of the top stair, the rest is a blur [pirate]. I awoke face down at the bottom of the stairs, my head was pounding and my vision was spinning in circles. I proceeded to the bathroom to kneel down in front of the porcelain god untill the euphoria passed. My arm tickled so I looked down and noticed that the back of my forearm was bleeding profusely.
Appearantly I fell on my knife and stabbed myself. I took my daughter to the emergency room with me and she loved every minute of it. I think she should be a doctor! I couldn't even watch what they were doing but she was right there watching, asking questions, and asking if it tickled while I was gritting my teeth and moaning...it didn't tickle but I told her it did.
I look back at it now and it's kind of funny. I always tell my kids not to mess with knives "because you could cut yourself". What a role model I am!
Oh well, another lesson learned. I've done some stupid things before, usually I have a 'good idea' and end up getting hurt but this was a total surprise. So remember, don't mess with knives [Wink].
[signature]
I was at Sportsmans Monday with my 3 year old son looking at a fly rod. He was fascinated by the ice tents, and had to play inside the tents sit in the chairs... One tent has swivel and folding backs on the seats on display that he had to see. He had crawled to the rear of the tent, and I tried to lean in the tent laying my mid section on the back of the seat. When fast and suddenly the seat folded and twisted sending me flying forward and down, and some what rolling around trying to get back on my feet. I felt bad that my son was laughing, but when I turned around and saw the looks that the people behind me were giving made me feel like a complete idiot. All I could say was that things dangerous and picked my son up and limped away.
[signature]
You really gotta take it easy on yourself John. I'm glad to hear it wasn't serious. How many stiches?
[signature]
Right on John, Glad your OK
[signature]
Four stitches. I'm glad It was just one of those fold up razor knives, could have been alot worse.
[signature]