Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corona Lake Float Tubathon! Sat 29th $30 in + launch
Lets get it together on the the next trip. Times, Dates and Place. Looking for after Christmas( New Stuff! ) We will meet at Micky Ds' 6 am at the corner of Ontario street and California in the Wall mart shopping center for Breaky...[cool]
[signature]
If you are talking shore I am sure I can be persuaded to join in the mayhem .. I am sure I will learn more fishing tricks and tidbits.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
You are now a Float Tuber Mr. Macfly, whether you like it or not. All our possible spots are as calm and glassy as Laguna Niguel. If there is wind we will find the lee and as Tubers we will be full of glee. The saltwater actually supports you higher in the water due to its increased density, to bad Salton Sea isn't alive any more as you float like a balloon in that place. There will be no Sharks or Sea Lions, just lots of mother natures stinky fishcreatures. It will be after Christmas, what better time to try out your new tube? We will make it simple for you with little required tackle. Float with us in paradise and you shall be forgiven for wanting to shore fish. Peace be with you Brother Macfly...Hallifishya( Like Hallelujah only fishier.)
[signature]
...did you buy me a new tube with metal shields around it for Christmas.. that is very nice of you.. when can I expect delivery??
[Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
If ya really like to know, I'd like you to take a firm grip on this big hook and we'll head over here just outside this kelp bed...[Wink]
[signature]
...as long as Im in a boat I would not mind the kelp bed area... [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
The salt always sounds good to me. I need to see if we could possible car pool part of the way. I can meet you at your house, transfer materials and go from there.

Low tide is at 7:09am in that area for that day. Next high tide is 12:34pm. That gives us some fair fishing time till we would have to foolishly struggle against the next outgoing tide.

Did someone say Barn Doors?[cool]
[signature]
Halis inn all three areas, biggest probably Dana, Maybe the Lagoon. More the three B's in SD Bay.
[signature]
The three areas under consensus.
1. San Diego Bay. Over the bridge, park in the round parking lot on North side to the right...Beach Launch...free.
2. Agua Hedionda Lagoon. Middle grounds, 200 foot dirt road in \from the North side, Better directions if we go...Sandy Dirt Launch
3. Dana Point Harbor. Park out by the Harbor Patrol and rock launch next to Bait Barge for free or Pay some and launch at ramp.
[signature]
Just so we are all on the same page, this is your trip Mr Macfly. We are heading South so we can experience the "road trip" feel you always have on the trips up North. TubeN2 had a hankerin' for some Saltfish so I kinda took the ball and announced a Salty Trip down South. My bad , I didn't realize the full extent of your trepidation.
Lets open this trip up to your choice, anywhere you want to or have thought about. Your area has some great fisheries, but they have to be open to Tubing. Off the top of my head... Murry, Sutherland, El Capitan, Henshaw, Perris, Railroad Canyon,Morena, Martinaz on the river by Yuma, even little Calavera in Carlsbad. Let's fish en masse. The more Craniums the less chance those poor Finnies have. [Wink]
[signature]
Ill be honest and say I have not fished any of those waters and therefore I am not familiar with them.. so with that in mind I am open to suggestions based everyone elses experience.. but..

Carlsbad is the closest to me but I have no idea what or where Little Calavera is... my other two cents is that if the Yuma you mentioned is in AZ.. Id say that is a little far to travel..

.. when would this event occur.. between the day after Christmas and new years eve I am pretty open on the calendar (that I know of anyway :-) )

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Calavera is really in Carls-Vista-Bad and that's not in Iraq...[laugh] Good little pond, Big bass and Crappie. Easy in easy out.
[signature]
... I see two lakes there and several little bodies of water in the area.. I assume we would be fishing the larger lake..

.. I did a search on the lake to see if I could find specific information on it but only came up with bike trails.. do you have anything??

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Other than fishing it a few dozen times and rescuing a local that fell out of his canoe and was freezing up. No. I do know its a community lake and nobody has ever bothered me there. There is only 1 lake the other dark spot is a shadow.
[signature]
It's looking more like a trip to Carls-Vista-Bad. What do you think TubeN2? Macfly? Any other fisherman that would like to spend some time in the presence of fellow finaddicts. Bass and Crappie on this trip, still open to sugesstions...
[signature]
...Id be up for this lake or maybe another trip to Corona lakes.. as long as I can use a tube I will bring the rest of me gear.. :-)

... what day would we be looking at.. Fri, Sat??

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
We are looking at going on the 29th. That would be Saturday.

It looks like the options are open up all over.[cool]
[signature]
... Saturday sounds like a plan to me.. now if bendopolo leads the way in and out we will be good..

.. btw.. if ya'll are coming off the 5 to the 78 there is a McDonalds off the first exit.. turn left.. turn left again at the second stop light.. then left into the MacDonalds parking lot.. just an idea for a meeting place..

.. see ya'll on Saturday at ??? .. have a safe and Merry Christmas...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I'm still vacillating. If Corona is good for you Macfly than I can almost guarantee that the fishing will be better there. They are still stocking it every week and that little lake is stuffed to the gills with fish. We might try the pond on down the line when the water warms a bit and the bass have something else on their mind besides us. I place 1 vote for Corona again. And 1 vote for every other Lake, Bay or Estuary we discussed...[Wink]
[signature]
... as long as we are fishing and in tubes I can vote for Corona.. especially since what you said about my local lake makes senses.. Ill go with the consensus on a fresh water spot.. [Smile]

... btw.. what body of water is that in the picture.. Id say the water is kind of low there...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]