Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard crappie
Went to willard today 2 walleye 1 wiper. Put in at the North ramp. Now on to the subject left about 1:00 tied my boat to courtesy dock there were 4 guys fishing between the dock and the ramp. Between the time I tied off and loaded my boat they caught 3 pretty nice crappie I saw one stringer in the water with 15 to 20 crappie on it. So what I'm trying to say is if you want crappie and don't have a boat no prablemo, if you have a boat and want crappie leave it home.
[signature]
Do you know what they were using?? Tube jigs probably, but color and size would help???
[signature]
They were using slip bobbers looked like 4 or 5 feet down small tube jigs maybe 1 1/2 with 1/16 jig head. they were all using chartruse with another color. They were casting out as far as they could and catching them at the end of there cast. So use light line for distance. There not in close yet but close enough.[Smile]
[signature]
Thanks for the info, I will be there Sunday and post how I do. My luck will be mostly enjoying the day and get nothing yet again. Man I need a boat to get into the wipers and eyes.
[signature]