Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
novice tyer wants to know if flies will work (saltwater)
I started tying less than 2 yr ago. I really enjot it. The only problem is I have had more time tying this year than fishing. If anyone is still into fish and want to give some of these a try let me know. Just keep me posted if they catch anything.
[signature]
[cool][font "Pristina"][green][size 4]Hi there tailgrabber - those are some nice looking flies. I think that many of us have the same problem. My fly inventory just keeps multiplying like rabbits. Not that I have need for a particular fly but will tie something new just for the challenge.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Thanks. I missed this falls stripper run, So I didn't get to see if they would be effective. The Bluefish destroyed a few though, which in some strange way could be rewarding.
[signature]
[center][font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]Adverse attention is better than none at all. LOL[Wink][/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
The bigger popper flies should be very effective for the Stripers when they come back. Blues as well as bait fish should go nuts on the smaller ones.

I also tie my own saltwater flies. I'm going to photograph some of my collection and post them here.

Welcome to BFT and welcome to the Saltwater Fly section.[cool]
[signature]

Can't wait to see them.
[signature]
If you are still in the fish I'll send them to you want to try them out.
[signature]
Sounds good bro. We have fish all year here. Right now is the best time for our Surf species.

I'll send you some of what I tie as well. You can use them on some of your local species once they return from their winter nap.

I will send you a Private Message with my address. Just reply with your address as well so I can send you a package of stuff.[cool]
[signature]
Sounds good. Will do.
[signature]