Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fished Willard With Old Coot
Went fishing with Old Coot this afternoon. Didn't catch a single thing out there. I'm thinking those picturers from yesterday aren't real. Wink j/k Got a couple of bites, and that was it. Nothing to brag about. Fished from about 4pm till around 7:30pm.

But I will say, that I had a fun time. And that's what matters. Also meet that AF Dan person in the parking lot.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]He AD, it's a good thing yesterday's picture was date stamped or I don't know if I'd of believed it after today myself! We looked for marks along the South dike and west dike up to the light pole. Only seen onesey-twosey marks here and there at best. Didn't see a thing on the South side. However, one guy told us that they had caught three each 3-lbers using husky jerks. (I kind of wonder if he wasn't jerkin ME!) Another boat we talked to out by the light pole had only caught 2 small cats all day then as we were driving off, he caught his third. Like A-D said, we did get a few bites but didn't have what it takes to boat them. Lots of BIG fish jumping out of the water around the island just before sun down. Carp maybe? Do carp jump like that?[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]The water is warming rapidly. Was 51 degrees at the south dike and 57 just west of the island. I would have though it would be just the other way around. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Well, anyway, it was a nice evening to be on the water and had good company and plenty of bugs! See ya Friday AF Dan.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Walleyes never jump, Smallies and LMB occasionally do, but the waters too cold for them to start jumping. No trout in Willard bay so its gotta be those ugly carp vying for your attention.[cool][laugh]
[signature]
Those big fish jumping were carp, we saw them also. I can't believe we did not see you guys. WH2
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Wiperhunter what were you in, I was on Willard today and saw a lot of boats with the BFT sticker on.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
We were in a 15ft white 71 starcraft with a new 40hp merc, it also has a bow mount electric. We expected to see a few BFT stickers today but did no see even one. Were you by yourself? WH2
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Yea, I was all alone today, in my 17ft Tan Lonestar. I have BFT stickers on the windshield can't believe you didn't see them. I even had my BFT T-Shirt on as well. [/size][/red][/font]

[signature]
We saw you trolling with that pack of boats, I thought it was you but did not see any BFT sticker. We were about three or four hundred east of you going south when you were going north.
I was with my partner in his boat, sorry I missed you. WH2
[signature]
[Smile] [font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] No problem there were sure a lot of boats out there today, easy to get missed. catch you next time.[/size][/red][/font]

[signature]