Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SanDawg Slimers! New Seaforth PM Halfday
[cool]Got done at the Doc's fairly early so I headed to Seaforth for the PM halfday. We loaded up about 20 head & a bunch of medium dinos and headed toward La Jolla kelp. We actually hadn't gotten very far (south edge of the kelp) when we spotted birds working & fish boiling.

We slid up on the boils & started picking legal cudas on the surface iron. When that cooled we found more birds & cudas. After a few drifts the legals became scarce & the little guys and dogs were all over us. The dogs were EVERYWHERE![mad]

Thinking the big fellas might be deeper I tied on a 4oz Dodo Megabait & started the yoyo. UGH! The little guys LOVED it! I could hardly get the thing to the boat without a 16 to 20 incher munching it. Not much Dodo left on THAT jig anymore! [cool] I lost count of the releases & only wound up with two legals. Oh well, got to pull on LOTS of fish. My shoulders will feel it tomorrow!

Hot colors were Blue/White, Green Pooh & Mint Green on the surface iron. The Mint Green seemed to take more than their share of the bigger cudas, including the JP log. I'll be looking for some next time I'm at Squidco.[Wink]

Fishslayer
[signature]