Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying minnows
I am in brigham. Does any one know where I can buy minnows up here? Also, how do they work for perch and other fish at Mantua?
[signature]
Nathan, not to hijack your thread, but since we're on the topic of bait: Does anyone know where to get wax worms in cache valley? Seems there's a bit of shortage in the early ice season.
[signature]
have you tried custom sports in hyde park?
[signature]
Thanks Jason. I think that's the ONLY place I haven't tried yet. That's a nice little setup they have...I bought my auger blades there last winter.
[signature]
[unsure] I hate to keep telling people about Wally World - but they do carry some great looking Shad minnows in the fishing department.

I am going try some this weekend at Scofield. I'll let you know how they work.
[signature]
Those perch love minnows. I was using chub minnow halves (due to Pineview bait restriction of 1") tipped on my lures while I tried to get some tiger musky last Saturday. Caught 5 perch on accident with 20lb. test fireline, a wire leader, and a big #9 jigging rapala.
[signature]
have you looked at smith and edwards?
[signature]
I will try at smith and edwards and walmart. I did not want to buy them unless I new they worked for most of the fish at mantua. It sounds like they probably will.
[signature]
Cabelas has nice shad and minnows as well as wax worms and others in bulk. Theyve worked for me.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]The perch and bass (and trout) in Mantua feed heavily on small perch and bluegill fry. But, for some reason, dead minnows have never been a big producer. You will do better to fish waxies or crawlers until you catch a perch and then use perch eyes or strips of perch meat. On some days you will catch more fish on a piece of crawler than anything else. No need to spend the money for minnows if you are just going after perch, etc.[/#0000ff]
[signature]