Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shotgun
I just picked up a shotgun and was wondering if anybody knew what year it was manufactured. its a mossberg model 190 16guage bolt action with 2 round clip. I dont think it has any value but I was just curious. d
[signature]
i have never been a mossberg fan , but i think you have a definate keeper there . i will try to see what i can come up with for you .
[signature]
I've found out that it was manufactured in 55-58. they never started putting serial #'s on them until 1968. I dont know how much I'll use it but its kinda neet to look at. maybe turn some heads on the trap range when they see me operating a bolt action shotgun. thanks Dan
[signature]
i bet it will turn heads ! definatly a rare find , take good care of it !
[signature]
SOUNDS [cool][cool][cool][Smile] I NEVER HEARD OF ONE! JACKS GOT A PUMP 12 MOSSBERG. THAT,S GOT A PRETTY GOOD KICK, I BET THAT ONE DOES BETTER! HUH??
[signature]
Nope it doesn't kick hardly at all. it comes from the factory with a muzzle break and a dial-a-choke system. I took it out and shot it last weekend and it operates like an old surgeon its really smooth.

My little sister has started shooting trap this year and she shot it and likes it so I'm loaning it to her so she can have something to shoot. She really likes it. With that muzzle break its very loud but it takes all the kick out of it.

DZ
[signature]
hey that,s real nice of ya. that,s[cool] it,s good you and your sister can do stuff together! my son and i do. we go campin and fishin and huntin whatever he loves his ruger 22 got 3 clips for it. hahah we always likeed goin squirell huntin with em. but i was wonderin, what does a muzzlebreak look like? is it a piece that goes on the end of the stock am that what i,m thinkin?? if it is i call it a stalk breker. hahaha sometimes things are callleed different things in different places. haha but means the same thing. haha well no matter whathave fun with it. good shootin. later
[signature]
a muzzle break is three small holes in both sides of the end of the barrel. it directs the blast in a different direction other than straight out. it makes the gun alot louder but it reduces the recoil tremendously. I also have a 300 win mag that I'm thinking about putting one on. (either that or I need to man up to it and just shoot it more and get used to it) DZ
[signature]
huh that,s somethin never seen one that,s had this like this. probably it would kick like the devil if it didn,t!! haha good days for shootin up here!! you guys we,ve had 3 beautiful days in a row. 65!!! wow! thanks good info. later
[signature]
Have you guys seen our new hunting site?

[url "http://www.theoutdoorlodge.com"]www.theoutdoorlodge.com[/url] ?

they have a couple boards that you may be interested in.

[url "http://www.theoutdoorlodge.com/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?s=3eb56b8a6e9dffff;act=SF;f=44"][#000033]Ballistics and Reloading[/#000033][/url]
Discuss the different aspects of ballistics and get tips on how to handle materials safely, or discuss rifle, hand gun, and shot gun reloading.

[url "http://www.theoutdoorlodge.com/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?s=3eb56b8a6e9dffff;act=SF;f=43"][#000033]Black Powder and Muzzleloading[/#000033][/url]
Discuss the art of black powder hunting.
[signature]
hey ya dave i checked it out the other day. jacks 12 guage he,s had problem with the bullets with the spread, of em. i was wonderin bout different chokes, and maybe seein if he can do somethin that way. got some info that was good i like that site. i just haven,t got to doin too much on it lately. been busy!! crazy haha but it,s nice.[Smile]
[signature]