Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shimano Stradic 2500 FB
I want to buy that reel, as a brother for my Technium FA, but I want to know if it's "made in japan", because my technium is "made in malaysia".So, anybody knows if it's Japan?
Thanks for your help
[signature]
They are made in Japan. I have four and like them alot. Also check out the symetrie 2500, just as smooth and less cost. Both have worked well for me.
[signature]
The Symetrie is not as smooth over the long run, I consider it a major drop in performance. The new Saros is a less expensive replacement for the Stradic. Less expensive only in comparison to the New Stradic, because it costs more than my Stradic did when it was purchased. Of all the spinning reels I own, my favorite is the Pflueger Supreme 8030. Smooth as can be right out of the box and only weighs 7.4 oz. So far smoother and quieter than my Stella 2500. And only $99 dollars. Made in China I'm sure but at only 7.4 oz. there can't be any lead paint on this toy. PS...For an extra $30 dollars you get an extra bearing(11 total) a spool with more holes, and an Airbail on the new for "08 Supreme XT. No, I don't work or Rep for them, I just fish everyday with what's left of my tackle. Quality fishing gear is cheaper overall than crap. Try not to get in trap of getting a little bit better reel here and maybe 1 pack of "Good" hooks. Your time on the water is short. Big fish are tough and they got big 'cause they know how to get away! Quality tackle, smooth reels and lightweight rods with good hardware will give you a better chance. Extra sharp hooks and line that doesn't curl up on every cast. Better to have a little of the "right stuff" than pounds of junk. Don't get me wrong. Almost all of my reels are Shimanos'. I live right down the street from the West Coast facility. They make some very fine gear and we all know it. But, the quality drops off very fast with their more economical equipment. I guess we could say that about most manufactures. The good news is you can find many fine fishing rods for around $100 dollars. Seems like a lot but a few years age those rods would of been worth 3 to 4 hundred bucks to those who could have afforded them.Cuda puts out some Great fishing line for very cheap. Maybe we should Post on our members "Favorites" and "Gear to Avoid".
[signature]
I am pretty sure that the Stradic is still made in Japan. I have a few from last year they are 2500's and they are made in Japan. I think all the reels under the stradic have been moved to mylasia for manufacturing. I am not to crazy for the handles on the stradics now, mine like to fold up on me while fighting fish.
[signature]
That'is just not right. I say Glue the sucker together with some epoxy, folding handles suck! And so do Anti-reverses. With modern drag systems there is no need. I know somebody will cry but there are always reels with broken anti-reverses for them. If you do your homework you might find a Stella handle at a reasonable price, these might fit and they have a ball bearing in them for extra smoooothness. If not we should start making upgraded handles for Spinning Reels. People like us would buy them.
[signature]
I actually switched to okuma. They pretty much have the same specs. as shimano, but I don't have to feel as Angry when something goes wrong cause I paid half the price. For the price they really are a nice smooth reel. Just don't get upset if the finish wears of the reel.
[signature]
There are a lot of changes going on with the finish on the Okuma reels. I have been using and testing them with the new finishes. They are holding up well to the abuse that I put them through in fresh and salt water.[cool]
[signature]
That's good news. I really like Okuma you can't beat the price for what you get. I have the avenger, metaliod the fina and one other I can't remember the name off hand. The fina is my favorite. They have actually held up better than my Stradics. And I can really put a reel to the test.
[signature]
I have no experience with the Okumas. I'm sure the top of the line ones are excellent reels or nobody would buy them. I will backtrack on my statement that the Symetrie sucks in comparison with the Stradic. I've just checked out the new Symetrie. The Redesigned for 2008 Symetrie boasts the same specs as last years' Stradic. Its a nice looking, smooth, and cheaper reel considering the feel. A real sleeper in the market, you can get two reels for the price of one High-end reel. Anyways, my bad.
Take a look at one of my "old" Stradics. Bought in June of '82 it must have a million casts on it. It's been to Service a few times. Last time they told me to "suck rocks" they don't service this particular one. So I broke it open right there on the counter and struggled with it until one of the techs came over and we got it smooth again. That was five years ago and it still works great.He was floored by the Spools and told me that was what was wrong with my reel. We figured out different when he ound a bad anti-reverse clutch. I drilled out the spools one time because I had Bacterial Pnemonia and couldn't leave the house for 9 weeks. Too much time, boredom,access to a machine shop,whatever, I had noticed Fly reels were drilled out why weren't Spinning reels?. Next Spring, at the Crowley opener, I had a brace of drilled out Reels. And a matching drilled out float tube.And the beady eyes of seventy Fishing tackle reps from all around the country. Now all the high end Spinning reels are drilled. They couldn't figure out how to drill out the Tubes though....One last story for 2007 Merry New Years....[cool]
[signature]
Nice fish! I have a symetre I bought aleast 5yrs. ago It has held up better than my new Stradics, and I used it in saltwater for atleast 4 yrs. You should give Okuma a look I have tried the low end to the high, and they are all functionally a great reel. Their low end reel the avenger or there is another that is less expensive Dick's carries it, are very comparible to the Sedona or Sahara.
[signature]
I use the Okuma's for my spinning tackle in salt and freshwater and they work very well. They are strong and smooth. There really are a lot of great quality reels out there, it's hard to say who's product is better quality. Personally, if you wanted strength, i'd go with the Penn Spinning tackle.

[Image: 260.jpg]

Penn makes specific model spinning tackle out of steel. They are hard core tough and unmatched by reels of equal cost. Only the Van Staals are truely superior.

If you wanted smooth, i'd go with your Japanese reels like Shimano
If you wanted in between, i'd go with Okuma or Abu Garcia.

[Image: Coronado%20Spinning%201.0.jpg] This is the type of Okuma I have with the live bait feature. It's put the breaks on everything from 50 pound flathead catfish to 120 pound reef sharks. These reels don't play. Don't believe me? Check out my photo gallery. I catch big fish.

Quantum also makes a good spinning reel. I have a Quantum ultra light spooled with 10 pound super braid on an ultra light ugly stix. It's a 10 year old reel and still works flawlessly. I've caught everything from hand sized bream and 10 pound mudfish to 2 and 3 pound black sea bass on the reef. [cool]

Honestly, I think what really matters is knowing how to use the reel properly and doing regular maintenance. If you don't clean and lubricate the reel, it's not going to last. No different than buying a new car. If you don't keep the oil changed, it's just a matter of time before it blows up. If you don't keep your reels cleaned and lubricated with fresh oil, it's just a matter of time before they blow up.

It's simple. Keep your line changed out. Don't put line on your reel that is stronger than the limits of your drag system or your angling ability. Keep it clean and lubed. If you do that, even a cheap reel will last a long, long time.
[signature]
You are right about the CD 30 for Shark fishing. Here are a few of the fish that I caught on my Okuma CD30 a coulple of years ago.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id...rch_engine]

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/Wall_of_Fame/wall.cgi?do=detail&ID=1578"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/Wall_of_Fame/wall.cgi?do=detail&ID=1578[/url]

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/Wall_of_Fame/wall.cgi?do=detail&ID=1719"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/Wall_of_Fame/wall.cgi?do=detail&ID=1719[/url]

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/Wall_of_Fame/wall.cgi?do=detail&ID=1721"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/Wall_of_Fame/wall.cgi?do=detail&ID=1721[/url]

I am still using the same reel today. It hasn't givin up on me yet.[cool]
[signature]
Cant go wrong with the stradic, used that reel for a few years now, also use a quantum energy catalyst and loved it, the drag system seemed to work better in cold (below 20degree) tempatures.
[signature]