Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corona Lake Trip
Cold water at 48 degrees plus a stiff breeze that came up about 11:00am combined with a cold front passing right over us, well it was tough to persevere. TubeN2 and I had Fish Finders on this trip. It proved to be a plus for Crappie fishing. Pass over a mark and drop your jig down there. It took a little wiggling but they would eventually hit. Hooking them was a different story. Slow trolling over some of the more populated areas produced a few more fish.
With the sun shining on the east shore cliffs and the water warming to 51, I tried the Super Stretchy. Casting right on shore to the newly flooded Rocks and trees produced three bass of around three pounds each. This dried up as the terrain turned more to flooded trees and mud banks. I found out the that TubeN2 had caught a bass right past where I gave up.
As Macfly, enjoying his second tubing foray( "I'm gonna get some warmer socks") and I slow trolled our way back to the launch ramp against a gnarly cold wind. The Crappie bite disintigrated. On the Finder it looked like the few fish I could meter had their noses in the mud. If we had gone back out I would of tried those trees some more down the east shore. I love Flippin...
We had a great Carls Jr. lunch thanks to Macfly and some pretty heavy snoring TubeN2 action. That guy fishes too much.(Pot calling Kettle Black[Wink]) His Son,TubinToo was right out there in the (action?). I think he was wishin' for some warmer water and he eventually froze out to find his own zzzz's in the nice warm truck. Again, great fishing partners,being outdoors, Freezing our Arses(sic)off together is always fun! Pics are located in "Corona Lake 10/29-07 "Album.
Also we all had the feeling something was missing on this trip. . A big Smile. A big green tube, me missed you on this trip Dryrod... I know you really wanted to freeze your feet off with us if you could.
[signature]
It was a fun trip and I also enjoyed the company, the good food, beer and the nap in public.

I was also able to get my new ride through some stringent wind tests. I do believe that MacFly55 has the pics of my new ride.

I'm ready for some salt action now.[cool]
[signature]
... I must add that after a few cups of coffee Mr Bendo my feet at least started working enough to move around a bit... after a bit of conversation and swapping stories we diecided to have lunch.. but not after TubeN2 told me my nephew tubeintoo thought I could use a tube of my own to care for.. plus he was "tired of carrying my tube from lake to lake".. so I am the new owner of a well seaonsed Caddis tube.. so thank you again to my bro and his son for their warm generosity..

..thank you also to bro polo for his sharing his expertise in trying to get me a fish.. plus respooling my rods (they both were low in old line)

.. and DR.. you were missed on this trip my friend.. get that back better soon so you can join us the next time out...

..lastly.. it is heartwarming entering a new year knowing that I have been lucky enough to hook up into and extended famiy that is willing to help this newbie out wahtever way they can.. without question, I am a very luckly man..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
..bro polo.. I recognize the pearl colored ss.. what is the combination on the second one and does it work as effectively as the pearl one?

MacFly
[signature]
The Super Stretchy is five inches long, the Mini-magic is two inches, better for trout,crappie, and other smaller gamefish. I also carry a small pair of scissors and make two strategic cuts on this lure. Next trip you might pick up that tidbit of info.
[signature]
So, what is the new ride? Mac told me you gave him a tube...SWEET!
Like I told him from the series of Mash, Frank Burns, "It's nice to be nice to the nice".[cool]
Thanks for sharing. Went up for a little river action yesterday. Slow in this blustery 6 degree weather!
[signature]
....wow 6 degree weather... and I tho0ught 48 degree water was cold.. [Wink]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I was sent a new Pontoon by my main sponsor. It doesn't have any labeling on it but it is lightweight and has some safety features that I haven't seen before.

8' Chambers with backup inner chamber. If the outer chamber goes flat, there is plenty of bouyancy left in the backup to get to shore.

The whole Toon weighs only 12 lbs. It easily straps to the back of a Ford Ranger truck and can be carried in one hand while carrying the other 26lbs of crap to mount to it with the other hand.

Plenty of pockets but they are small like my FC4. Just right for a few fly boxes and a few handfulls of Super Stretchys.

I'll get some pics. My bro Mac took a couple of pics of me on the new ride. He might post them soon.

I also handed him off one of the Caddis U tubes I had since he was growing accustomed to it already.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]This time of year we have to carry a giant ice pick to open the water enough to get our tubes launched. See pictures.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have fished many times in water just a notch away from being hard deck. And I have broken my way out through shore ice more times than I can remember.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]48 degree water? I would love some about now.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
One great thing about Orange County.... None of that!
[signature]
great pics but it looks just to cold to me to be in the water.. but Id be up for some shore fishing... as long as I had an arctic suit on.. [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Yeah, yeah. I know. Boy do I know. I grew up in SoCal. Graduated from Garbage Grove High School back when we worked with stone books. Also had a stone float tube that I launched in all the bays and off all the beaches.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]This time of year I whimper a lot, and dream of sunny beaches. Actually, we got a lot of them here, but we pronounce it a bit different.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
.. as requested I have links to the two pics I took and here they are....

[url "http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p306/macfly55/DSCF2610.jpg"]tuben2 and tubintoo prepping the tubes[/url] and [url "http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p306/macfly55/DSCF2612.jpg"]tuben2 on the water[/url]..

I hope brother polo will be posting the picture of me in the tube soon.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]

****Pics for ya bro****

[inline "2 tubes.jpg"]

[inline TubeToon.jpg]
[signature]
All our pics are in my photo album titled: Corona Lake 12/29/07. Navigate thru Photo Gallery, Member albums, Bendopolo, Corona Pics 12/29/07.
[signature]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]Hey there TubeN2 looks like your new toon is pigeon toed. Or could it be an internal problem? LOL [Wink] HNY all.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Pristina"][#008000][size 4][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I need to make a few more adjustments on it. This coming weekend will be about right. I should just add a dash of Salt and it will be fine.[cool]
[signature]
[reply]
I need to make a few more adjustments on it. This coming weekend will be about right. I should just add a dash of Salt and it will be fine.[cool] [/reply]
[signature]
[reply]
[reply]
I need to make a few more adjustments on it. This coming weekend will be about right. I should just add a dash of Salt and it will be fine.[cool] [/reply]
[/reply]
[signature]
Is there something that you are trying to say there Mr. Bendo?
[signature]
What I couldn't seem to spit out was that tube has Straight Tracking Technology.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

*****had to pull some of those >>>> marks out*****
[signature]