Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trout and steel
STEELHEADING STARTING TO IMPROVE!!!!

Trout season reopens the last Sat. in April 2003.

CLINTON RIVER STEELHEAD REPORT:

Steelhead fishing on the Clinton River is steadily improving . The start of the runs should be anytime now.Water levels are up slightly and almost clear. Continued warmer weather should only improve the fishing. Tie on some HaresEars, Pheasant Tails, Copper Johns, Caddis nymphs, Hexes and Stoneflies size 10 thru 16. Small brite eggs size 8 and 10 , colors pink, cream and light orange.

UPPER MANISTEE

The parts of these rivers that are open are reporting that a few brown trout have been taken on streamers.Dry fly action is just around the corner. If temps hit the 60s try some small black caddis 18-20 , small black stoneflies 16-18 and blue winged , olives size 18,20

THE ROUGE;

the Rogue is fishing very slow due to cold weather and cold cold water temps. They did stock a bunch of browns at Childsdale and 12 mile as well. Steelhead are slowly coming upstream . I feel you best bet is in the deeper holes of Rogue. Patterns to use, try eggs, springs wigglers, any hex patterns, caddis, and prince nymphs.
[signature]
Have not caught any steel for awhile only suckers.
Fished PM last week and the Grand Last weekend and nothing but suckers. I have only fished the Clinton 2 times and don't know much about that river. The rogue was low and extra cold. None of my friends have done nay good latley either. But the guys up at Baldwin says that the Weir has past 300+ steel in the past three days. I hope this warm weather will trigger the next run.
[signature]
300 per day is a good start ! the thunderstorms are starting to show up , this is the suff i've been waiting for ! warm (somewhat ) rain and clowdey days ! yeee-haaa!

i'm taking lonewolf to the foote saturday , if nothing is happining it's back over to the rifle for some fun there . the little guy is waiting for a marble eye to put under his belt .
[signature]