Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber Recommendations??
Any recommendations on places to fish the Weber or Ogden rivers? I'm going out tomorrow and am looking for some good spots.
[signature]
My brother and I went last Thursday, upstream of Coalville. There was too much ice and slush floating in the river. 3 feet of ice on the edges of the river. Any cast at all would land on ice or slush and ride, not even sinking at all. I put on 3 sinkers instead of 1. It didn't help much. Three hours later we each had a fish half way to the net. Ice was on the bottom and coming loose, then floating to the top. it made any flowing water dark and dirty. Temp. around 22. It was more of an exercise of dipping ice candles. Every ten minutes we had to de-ice lines, rod eyes, reels, even the flies. I wasn't cold, but fishing was very tough. Ive never had to fight ice like that before. That water must have been close to 32 degrees. Hope not to scare you off, just giving you some info. It was still fun to get out and see something new.
[signature]
Thanks for letting me know. New Years Eve effects and children kept me from getting out like I had planned but I hope to get out in the next few days. If I do I'll let you know how I do.
[signature]
Froze over here in South Weber! Bring ice rod.
[signature]
I hit the weber at Mountain Green Right of the east bound exit for a couple of hours. I didn't have any luck in 2 hours. I tried using hares ear, prince nymph, san juan worm, blood midge. I did get checked for my license though. In 5 years and in 5 different states I have been checked for my license twice, both by Morgan Co sherriff at the same spot in Mountain Green. They must get bored.
[signature]
Yes, Morgan County dosent play around Officer Peoy does regular checks Near Mt Green, Taggard, & Lost Creek Area. Had a issue last year in the lost creek area I accidentally parked my car on private property Officer Peoy went easy on me and let me off with a warning but had the oppurtunity to talk to him before he left and says he catches allot bad guys fishing in those areas.
[signature]
That would make sense. I've since been told that where I was, just off the freeway and under that bridge, is where they have had problems with drug deals. No wonder I've been checked both times that I have been there.
How is the fishing at Lost Creek? Just got a pontoon and wondering if that place is worth going to. Thanks
[signature]
I havent been up there since last summer, fished from the shore right down from the bathroom caught 4 ranging from 12 to 16 inches.

Did much better on the web in coalville caught handful of whitefish and a unch of nice browns. Used a Bead Head Hares Ear and Bead Head Prince Nymph Provo bouncer style.
[signature]