Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
would this make your day

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 4]Here is a Canadian Fish Story for you[/size][/font]
[size 2][/size]
[size 2][/size]
[font "Arial"][size 4]Awesome Catch On A Lake In Canada [/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 4]56" - 55lbs.[/size][/font] [font "Times New Roman"][black][size 3]
[/size][/black][/font][size 2][/size][font "Times New Roman"][black][size 3]
[/size][/black][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]This is a new record Northern Pike in Canada. He caught it on Rainy Lake .
Check this thing out. The man (in the photos below), was fishing[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]and caught a 36" Pike, as he was reeling it in, a 56" Pike tried to eat it !!!!![/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]He landed them both in the same net. The last picture is unbelievable.[/size][/font]
[inline 1.jpg]

[inline 2.jpg]

[inline 3.jpg]
[signature]
Happy New Year Poky-mon.

That photo has created a lot of confusion after being reproduced in Canada. According to the fishing internet this pike has been caught anywhere from Rainy Lake, Muskegon Lake, and Lake Wo Be Gone But the truth is that it was caught in Netherlands, Europe

The photo of the smaller pike taken by the bigger one is taken on a sunny day, check out the overcast sky in the photos of the big fish. Although a big pike - they are not the same fish.

Take a look here for the article with the original captor... [url "http://www.pacgb.co.uk/articles/blomedit.htm"]http://www.pacgb.co.uk/articles/blomedit.htm[/url]

I am inclined to trust Jan Eggers who said about this fish:
"This pike was caught on the 6th of March 2006 by Dutch fisherman Ewout
Blom in a pretty big lake in the south of Holland, I know the name of the
lake from where quite a number of 40 plus pikes were caught and released
but promised not to mention the name to avoid too heavy fishing pressure."
"This pike had a length of 127 cm and a weight of 19,5 kilo and was caught
trolling with a Rapala Super Shad Rap in perch colour and I have about 10
original digital pictures of this fish and am allowed to use them and will
do that in the book about pike I am writing and that should be reade Julyt
2007."
For the metric system impaired (such as yours truly - I had to look it up),
127cm and 19.4 kilos works out to right around 50 inches, and just barely
shy of 43 pounds..."

So not 50lbs, but still a wonderful and inspiring fish.
[signature]
That would still be an awesome catch on a float tube. Just make your way to Cali and I'll show you some bigger fish to pull your tube around with.[cool]
[signature]
Had a similar experience at strawberry where a huge cutt came up and ate my 15 inch hooked fish. Sorry no pics. Those are some sweet pics regardless of where it was. Wow.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Not uncommon to have tiger muskies at Pineview or big pike at Yuba take a swipe at smaller fish you are cranking in. I saw a guy at Yuba lose about a two pound trout to a big ol nasty northern. He just stood there with his mouth open, not knowing whether to cry or pass out.[/#0000ff]
[signature]