Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger muskies & Crappie

[Smile] HI guys
Recieved several good reports this week on tigers in close to shore.
they were caught on Clown colored Assasins and Finnigans minnows, also a couple on jointed rapalas.
Also the crappie are around 12 inches
on small chartreuse jigs.
Watch out for the teeth on those tigers, one guy had a 1" cut on his finger.
Storm front may shut the Crappie down for a couple days.
[signature]
hey hooked any info on what area they might have been fishing THANX

aquaman
[signature]
Fished Pineview today 4/13 . I was fishing from shore for Tigers with no luck . Not even a follow . Tried the narrows and Cemetery point . I was using a rapala and some spinners . I was hoping to at least see one , maybe next time . I did get lucky and snagged up on bottom and scored a nice rapala that some one lost and found another one later washed up on shore . And another perk for the day I came across couple young ladies soaking up the sun topless . Damn , I had my camera and forgot to take a shot . LOL tight lines
[signature]

North Fork seemed to be the best for them.
69,when I go fishing, half of the experiance is the scenery, I would say it was 3/4 for you.
remember tigers like things on the surface or just a couple feet below,if youwere snagging lures on the bottom you may have been to deep.
Also look for them near structure were they can ambush.
Assasins don,t dive that deep.
[signature]
H69,

Next time think with the big head.

IFG
[Wink][size 2] Did those gals shake you up that bad, LMAO[/size]

[size 2] AFDan52[/size]
[signature]
I've got to get up to Pineview and nail my first musky this year. If anyone wants to go sometime, lemme know the details and I'll meet you up there, pay for gas, etc.

I'm pretty new on this, but this site is a lot of fun and I've learned a lot from the sportsmen on here.
I hooked up on bottom close to shore . I actually snagged in to a bunch of mono line(which went in my pocket for proper disposal) and was able to break it free . The rapala wasn't even tie to the line just hooked in it . Both lures I found were deep running lure so I wasn't so sure I was using the right stuff . As usual I forgot my big box of lures and only brought a few so I was limited to what I could fish with . I was using a Husky jerk . It was some kinda chrome green color with a black back and a yellow belly . I tried to keep it in the upper water column as long as possible . I hope I made at least a 100 cast , need to get to that 1000 to qualify for the musky . What else can you do while you wait for the musky but just enjoy the scenery .I have only fished this place in the winter mostly and look what I been missing . I need to look at some Assasins not sure what they are . Do you carry them at you're shop ?

P.S. Did you see the Lindners Angling edge show ? They were hooking pike near bottom 20'deep on tube jigs .
[signature]
69, her is the link to the assasin that was givin away here at BFT,

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=31828;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=31828;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread[/url]

HFT, I need to come by and get a couple more, How much do they run at your shop? I need both size clowns if you got them and probley a smaller firetiger. Thanks

I am going to go try my luck thursday and see if I cant hook into 1 or 2 of them.
[signature]

Bettencourt baits has a link here at BFT, it will show assasins.
I sell them for 12.99 and 14.99.
They are a little spendy for a lure but they are the best bet to catch tigers.
[signature]
I have fished the last six days straight at pineview without a bite. So it is quite slow. For both crappie and tigers. Regardless of what the reports are saying on the crappie it is slow. I have walked about 3 miles of shoreline in six days seen over 100 fisherman and have seen 3 crappie caught. I think it is irraditc right now but sure hope it picks up in a bit.
[signature]
Yeah it looks like Hellsangler69 is the only one seeing any action up there!
[signature]
yeah i havent even caughta fishing line either so your one up on me hells haha.
[signature]
I can't help it I have all the luck LOL .It was a big ball of line , so it must of fell off IFG tackle box He He !! I got a question for anybody who is fishing for tigers , what kind of line and test are you throwing ? I am using Maxima 12 # line and 6 " steel leader . I have been tempted to remove the steel leader and go higher in the pound test . Just curious on what everyone is using for the Tigers . I'm using a spinning set up , 6' heavy action one peice Ugly stik and Shimano side stab spinning reel . I didn't spend alot for this set up but was happy with the way it cast sunday . Now if I could just hook a Tiger on it I could really get the full test .
[signature]
ive read differy opinions on the steel leader making a difference or not. i think overall its simply the time of year and water temp. i have been watching these musky and they are not too aggressive right now. i would imagine in a month they will be at their peak. i doubt the steel leader is making a difference between catching and not. i helped a guy catch one saturday, they wanted a real slow presenatation.
[signature]

Don't give up X, walking the shore has always been the hardest way to get the tigers.
I am still getting reports on a daily basis. Tigers are being caught by guys who hold there tung right.
Crappie are really effected by storm fronts,it puts them down. I have had some frustrated fisherman come in saying that other guys are catching them but they are not. They are very picky this time of year,64th oz. jigs with crappie nibbles are doing the trick,before the winds come up.
[signature]
im glad to see someone is at least getting into a few. all i know is im getting beat up at that lake. but my mother never raised a smart one anyway. never learned to quit so...... i think ill wait just a bit longer for the water to warm. it would probably help if i had a boat but i dont so good ol fashion hardwork is going to have to do it for me. thanks for the info HFT
[signature]
Hey HFt

just for your info, if you go to the wall of fame i posted a sunfish i caught on you tackle i got from ya before i left on my trip. what a fun fight. thought you might like to see the pic if you havent.

thanks
[signature]

I wanna see.
How do I get to the wall of fame?
[signature]
Go toward the top of this page where it says Home, Features,Shopping,...Big fish fun and select big fish fun. After you click on big fish fun you will get a drop down menu, click on Wall of fame. Type in utah or select Ut in the state listing, click search. You will get all the pictures that were posted from Utah. I think the picture you are looking for is on the third page. WH2
[signature]