Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Elsinore disaster
Wonder if this person had been drinking?

Lake Elsinore
Man drowns Tuesday after going kayaking
A 31-year-old Los Angeles area man drowned Tuesday morning after going kayaking on Lake Elsinore, authorities said.
He was later identified as Juan Manuel Parra by Riverside County sheriff-coroner.
Officers responded at about 11:30 a.m. and were told by family members where Parra had last been seen. Riverside County sheriff's deputies and the department's dive team searched the area and found Parra at about 1:45 p.m.
[signature]
...wow... feel sorry for his family.. wonder if it had anything to do with the high winds you posted on before...??

..strange you post this.. I was thinking of trying to tube that lake in the next week or so.. the same area where TN2 and I met for the first time... not sure now...

MacFly
[signature]
Elsinore Nessie got him... No just kiddin', He fell victim to the "lack of planning" part of this trip. 1.)He went into water he was ill prepared to be in. 2.) No life jacket3. Alone 4.) Not being familiar with his craft. 5.) Wind blowing like hell.
Elsinore is just as safe as any other lake if you just use common sense. Like any other lake that has fast boats and water skies it is just best to stay off it during the weekends. Or at least go early and get out of the way before the onslaught comes. Stay aware and do a scan all the way around every minute or two. Carry a loud whistle or airhorn. And if you do sink, stay with the floating part of you rig no matter what. Its much easier to see than just a bobbing head. I've had the unfortunate task of pulling poor souls out of the water both alive and otherwise. I much prefer the former.
[signature]
Do you know what we used to call the unfortunate victims that we found floating at Castaic when I was in the County FD???.........BOB![pirate]
[signature]