Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buzz stick AKA vibro rod
I had purchased some ice fishing gear off of e-bay last year and the guy sent me a vibro rod with the gear I ordered. He said he was not sucessful with it and threw it in free of charge.

Well I have never used one but am considering throwing a reel on it and giving it a whirl for panfishing thru the ice. Has anyone had any experience with these contraptions?
[signature]
I have one and to be honest with ya it isn't worth the effort. Tie on a jig and mess around with it in your home to see the jigs action and you will see why I dislike it. Now after doing this imagine 30 feet of line out and guess what your jig will be doing. NADA!!!
[signature]
Is it the one with 3 speeds or a single push button? I just purchased 2 of the new ones with 3 vibrations settings. Kids used them at Mantua a week ago and caught trout with them while they were buzzing. My buddy used one at Echo on Wednesday using the buzz was catching perch. I still have not personally used mine but plan to when I go to Montana in a few weeks. They will be my dead stick rods, since you can use 6 rods on a lot of the waters in MT while ice fishing.
[signature]
Mine is the single button type and if like them then I will sell ya mine for cheap.
[signature]