Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba 10 + 1
well only had a little time today to head fishing. so i though i would go hit Yuba and get some Bait for the up comeing fish lake outing..

got there around 9:30 10:00 there were allredy about 6 to 7 trucks parked down on the ramp. i could see a bunch of guy's on the south side of the Island.. why i dont know? but i headed over to the other side of the lake.. the wind was down right un-friendly out there today..

got over drilled some holes and got jiggy with it..

put a hole sucker down the first hole droped it 5 feet.. put the clicker on and started setting up my 2nd pole half way through tieing the knot i heard the clicker go off.. thinking it was a perch and it could not eat the whole sucker, i just let it go.. tell i finished the knot.. i droped the jig and picked up the other pole and was going to pull it away from the perch when it really went off.. slamed the reel i gear and set the hook the pole did the big bend-o and started pulling drag.. after about 10 min's i pulled a nice pike out..

thinking ok they're here all i need to do is keep the perch off long enough to catch some more.. wrong spent the next 2 hours fight off perch from my suckers.. finly just gave in put a fuzzy perch jig on finished putting my 10 on the ice and went.. run in to a DWR guy right as i got to the truck.. good timeing? lol he asked what kind of fish i cought looking in my bucket as he's asking.. kind-a hard to miss that red tail sticking up out of the bucket..

well after that i headed down the road to 9 mile for some trout.. went out and hit it for about 1 1/2 and cought 5 rainbows all around 15 to 18 inchs..

not to bad a day except for the wind..

here's the pic's
[signature]
I'm jealous of that Pike. A dead sucker huh? I just wish the law would allow me to fish a whole live perch at Pineview for a musky. They're eluding me big time. I don't know if you realize it Fuzzy, but you're becoming somewhat of a celebrity now. They're even talking about you in some other forums. Next we'll see that you have a little segment called "Fuzzy's Fishing Corner" on KSL.
[signature]
Don't want to waste any of your valuable fishing time at Fish Lake catching bait, huh? (LOL)
[signature]
fuzzy's fishing corner? lol you funny! [sly]

BTW i too would like to use live perch as bait. but i can see the problems with it allredy!

a little secret for ya tho.. pike dont care to much if it's live or dead, just that it fitts in it's mouth.. [sly]
[signature]
well kent i have a hard time catching perch at fish lake.. i just can't seem to find them in 100 feet of water? and they realy dont seem to like them 7/0 4 inch jig's i use ether... [sly]

so i thought it safe to acquire some before going.. [Tongue]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Shame on you Ron. Removing ten of those scarce and endangered perchlets from Yuba. Aren't you afraid that you might crash the whole food chain in the lake?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Way to go fuzzy, I am thinking of heading down there tomorrow morning weather permitting. How thick is the ice? How are the edges? and can a little car make it to the parking lot of painted rocks, or is it best left to the trucks? Thanks
[signature]
Nice work Ron. That is a great catch.
[signature]
you know me and that nice DWR guy was have the same discusion. i let him know my feeling's in that mater. i also told him i thought 7.00 was a little much for the 100 feet of plowed road there was there as well.. lol [angelic]. i also seen that after my last tip down there they fixed the iron ranger kind-a. lol and put signs all over reminding pepole to pay up!..
[signature]
you should be ok in your car. just park at the top of the boat ramp you'll be fine. i think there will be others there to help ya if need be tho. [sly]
[signature]
I am glad to see that someone can catch a pike through the ice. Now I am ready to see a walleye. I am amazed that you could get the pike out. I caught a couple this summer out at yuba and they were hard to get in a boat. I bet you had fun. Congratulations!!!
[signature]
you know i would just like to see someone catch a walleye out of yuba! that is something i have not seen in 5 years now!

oh getting a pike out of the ice hole is no problem.. just reach down and put your finger in it's mouth and lift it out of the hole [Tongue]..
[signature]
I haven't seen the Utah regs yet but when did Yuba allow keeping perch again? What's the limit?
Thanks
[signature]
Nice Fish Fuzzy Good on ya. Those perchies are hogs.
[signature]
fuzzy there were some walleye that were being caught out of yuba this year(2007) I even got into some of the fun. It wasn't nothing like back in 99 but there were walleye caught.
[signature]
It opened to keeping fish this year. the limit is 10.. the first 10 you catch. Until April and than it is just 10.
[signature]
Nice pics, Ron! That Pike almost looks like a Tiger Musky [Wink]

Heaven forbid if you and Tubedude ever get together on the ice...

No fish will be safe!
[signature]
Okay, I'm still not clear on this....

So I've caught and KEPT MY FIRST 10 perchlets to finish my limit for that species.

Can I continue to fish for pike, etc. with lures (i.e. very large jigs or spoons) obviously meant for species other than perch?

Or must I stop fishing for all species once I have caught my perch limit? In CA, we had weird laws like this for salmon and rockfish.
[signature]
well let me tell ya what i think you should do when you have cought 10 perch out of Yuba.. stop fishing and go somewhere else to fish..
this is why. today i was fishing a 5 inch minnow on 2 3/0 hooks and steel leder. still i cought 4 perch over a hour. and there is not many places to hide out there. if a fish cop see ya stuffing a fish down the hole or over your limit then the tickit will not be worth the perch your taking home.
[signature]
Still gotcha by 4 1/2" Ron.[Tongue] Just kidding, nice mess of fish you got and good job on the pike. I got my eye on you.[cool]
[signature]