Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SARL 1/20/08
It looks like we will be going to SARL on Sunday 1/20/08.

We will meet up for breakfast just before hitting the fishing hole.

More details to follow.[cool] [#bf0060](Stay tuned for a slight change) 1/17[/#bf0060]

[red][size 4]Confirmed list of participants:[/size][/red]
[#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000]
[blue][size 4]TubeN2[/size][/blue]
[#0000ff][size 4]Bendopolo[/size][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][size 4]Pokymon[/size][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][size 4]Fishslayer23[/size][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][size 4]Ely[/size][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][size 4]Frank[/size][/#0000ff]

[#ff0000][size 4]Dryrod????[/size][/#ff0000]
[#ff0000][size 4]ATFishing????[/size][/#ff0000]

[#008000][size 4]Fresh Stock from Anhueser Busch[/size][/#008000]
[signature]
Sitting here posting this when we should be out at SARL going for the monster trout. Oh well mother nature will do that to us. It means it's worth it to wait because good things will happen. I'm ready to meet up for breakfest and then down some of those cold ones with a born date less than 7 days.
[signature]
I will add you to the running list of participants. See if Ely wants to go so that I can add him too.[cool]

I found out at 5:00am this morning that they lied about the amount of wind. It was actually 30mph not 10 to 15.[pirate]
[signature]
I'll be staying at the travelodge

[#07569b]4.[/#07569b] [url "http://www.travelodge.com/Travelodge/control/Booking/Booking/check_avail?brandCode=TL,MQ,DI,HJ,KG,RA,SE,BU&searchWithinMiles=25&areaType=1&destination=aneheim&stateName=California&state=CA&countryName=United States&country=US&checkInDate=01/13&numberAdults=1&numberRooms=1&checkOutDate=01/14&numberChildren=0&rateName=Best Avail&rate=000&variant=&id=09404&propBrandId=TL&force_nostay=false"][#000000]Buena Park Anaheim Travelodge
[/#000000]
[/url]
7039 Orangethorpe Avenue
Orangethorpe & Knotts
Buena Park, CA 90621 US
Phone: 714-521-9220
[signature]
(I found out at 5:00am this morning that they lied about the amount of wind. It was actually 30mph not 10 to 15).

Sounds like an idaho weatherman

I wonder how much bud will fit in 1/2 ton truck and would the beer make up for the bad gas milage
[signature]
You can fit lots of Bud. With a truck load of cold beer, you don't need to worry about gas mileage.

As long as you are pounding the cold ones, the truck is usually standing still.[cool]
[signature]
I was reading rules and regs %th rule, it says no C&R , does that mean steves taking alot of big fish home plus I just read their web page read its a moonlite madness there 24-7 18th 19th 20th
[signature]
I'll let you take the little 31lb Finless Freddy as a souvenier.

We never have a problem with C&R when we use barbless hooks. Sometimes they accidentaly slip off the line as you are practicing a common "Selective Harvest" technique.

Just bring a 100qt cooler with you. You can put the Hawg in there.[cool]
[signature]
So its still SARL. My only problem is that those big fish are in an area we can't tube. Plus a general dis-regard for tubers there. Most of the trout there are 75 to 125 feet out from shore, so the fishermen use larger weights and cast a 'mile' out to the fish. Or hitting us with lead 'by mistake'. Sorry just don't cut it when you are extracting an egg sinker from your eye socket. So I don't want to be a complainer but I will look like a linebacker with my helmet, eye protection and flak jacket. Those big trout anglers aren't too nice and will kill you to catch a record trout. So we will enter this place with a rocket launcher, wrist rocket, and a stash of ammo. Cast at me and look the F out. Sounds bad but that's the way it is.
Sure is pretty at Lag Nig. And the shore attack is reduced by all the reeds surrounding the shore. I'm done with my rant and will fish anywhere any time. Just be prepared.
[signature]
Latest headline from Western Outdoor News...."Murky water still hampers trouting at SARL, but trout to 21 1/2 pounds show nonetheless". Blah, Blah..."Anglers have been having a tough go at it as the fish seem to have hunkered down....all bait fish...catfish hitting". Is a change in order or will we start the bite???.
[signature]
We could look to Niguel if you want. I just have to let me other buddies know how to get there and you might be able to carpool with the Pokymon since he will be in your neighborhood.

He will be touching base with me tomorrow sometime. Can I give him your cell # and you guys touch base for the carpool situation??

[cool]
[signature]
...since I am out for Sunday I had a thought ... I dont work on Monday because of the holiday... is there a chance to meet that day ??? Laguna or corona could be options since sarl seems to be less than user friendly...just a thought...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Give me a call Friday tubeN2 and let me know what's up for Sunday.
[signature]
I'll let you know as soon as we can figure this out.[cool]
[signature]
I'm out of town next week which means that I am traveling Monday morning. We will have more events.[cool]
[signature]
...was worth a shot...
[signature]
I think that restaurant is a "Tommys" but not the Tommys Chili style . It is about a 1/4 mile east of the SARL entrance. I think it opens at 6 am. Good breakfast quick.
[signature]
Is it Lag Nig or SARL???
[signature]
I left you a message on the Cell. It looks like it's SARL.

See you there.[cool]
[signature]
...it's 1/21/08... where is the report???? [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]