Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michigan Members Introduction Page
Welcome to the B.F.T. Michigan Forum !
Please take time to post a little something about yourself on this page by replying to this post .
To enshure that each person is represented without having to search this string , please start a new topic on the board .
Thank you .
[signature]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=32668;]
Hi , I'm Allen ,
Former S.E. Michigan resident or "River-Rat" ( downriver walleye fisherman ) now living in central Michigan with my family . I have a strong belief in getting children active in the outdoors expearance .

Although I enjoy all types of fishing , river fishing steelhead and salmon is my primary choise . My first taste for steelhead came at Flatrock quite by accident , I was crappie fishing at the dam when I hooked into one of these brutes the fight was nothing like anything I had experianced before . Salmon fishing was introduced to me by a fellow Michigan member "Stormey " , I've been at it ever since .

With the move to the north my prefrence for hunting also changed . Once an avid duck and goose hunter the mighty whitetail soon won me over . I still participate in waterfoul hunting , small game and preditor hunting and can't wait for my first filled bear and elk tag .
Archery , shotgun, blackpowder and rifle , can hunting get any better than that ?

I do concider myself a well rounded sportsman , but not an expert in any feild , I am happy to share any information I have to assist a fellow outdoorsperson to be sucessfull in their outdoor activity and will do my best to help you .

Your Michigan mod ,
Allen
[signature]
[center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/566"][Image: DSCN0708.JPG][/url][/center][center]Dave Here[/center] [center] [/center] [center][/center] [left]fair play in all things, clean simple living, and a strong beleive that our aditude twards our environments regardless to wich environment it may be influences our kids abillity to properly cope and make sound dicisions in life and thier attitudes will reflect apon thier children... weather it be woods, water, neighborhoods, cities streets, schools or shopping malls.[/left] [left] [/left] [left][/left] [left][/left] [left]Teaching Fair play begins on the water with fishing, teaching our children at the earliest posible age to have respect for wild life, its habbitat, that life is important and only taking life for the sake of food is exceptable weather it be plant or animal...[/left] [left] [/left] [left][/left] [left][/left] [left]for those of you who wonder though some 10000+ post I have made on this site will find I do a fair amount of blue gill fishing, I do eat a bunch of them, also what I dont eat ends up in my garden, even what I catch goes in to deap freez and finds it way to the garden come spring... [/left] [left] [/left] [left][/left] [left][/left] [left]I tend to use organic methods in my gardening... Being retired I do spend a lot of time picking pest off my vegitables to use as bait for my table and gather more fertilizer for my garden, It is a cycle that never ends, by this method my garden grows richer every year, my harvest grows even more bountiful than what I need thus I feed neighbors and other wild life out side my garden...[/left] [left] [/left] [left][/left] [left][/left] [left]I do target other species, just not as heavily as I do the gills. Walleye, pike, bass, perch, crappie, trout and carp are among some of the species I enjoy fishing for and feeding upon...[/left] [left] [/left] [left][/left] [left][/left] [left]I do hunt some, for several species..[/left] [left] [/left] [left][/left] [left][/left] [left]you can find my adventrues posted though out the site... but if you have intrest in cirtain areas that I may have experience to share I suggest you use our [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=search;"][size 1]Search[/size][/url] feature to find weather or not we share the same intrest... this feature can be found on top of every page on this site...[/left] [left] [/left] [left][/left] [left][/left] [left]A borne resident on the Huron river system, I havent moved 3 miles in 50 years... My home has gone from farm to urban sprawl and dam near city.. [/left] [left] [/left] [left][/left] [left][/left] [left]over the past 20 years I have been a mentor to numorus youth groups, been a sponcer to several local ball teams, a profesional clown, and I can still be found mentoring 100s of youths it the art of fishing each year for a number of orginizational functions. 10 of thousands over the past 20 years. Few in town know not who I am..[/left] [left] [/left] [left][/left] [left][/left] [left]Politicaly, I am an indipendant, and have mealie mouthed demacrat and republican's alike, but have also held demacrat and republican's in the highest reguard as well... Where prais is deserved I freely give it, but the same can be said about me when I see things going sour in our political environment...[/left]
[signature]
I'll sell out some and use my original introduction- as to save me the hassle of digging up new urls etc Smile

A little outdated but here are some pics.

[Image: MeBigFish.JPG]

First whitefish

[Image: DoogerA.JPG]

Setter pup

[Image: Falls.JPG]

Amazing that this is just a short drive away...

[Image: robert2.JPG]

[Image: 6984Winginita.JPG]

Vizsla

[Image: 6984federal.jpg]

[Image: 69843_2ageg.JPG]

[Image: P4110005.JPG]

[Image: ms2.JPG]

[Image: ms34535.JPG]

(No chuckles... it is a preserve bird [Sad] )

[Image: PB060012.JPG]

[Image: quilled_003.jpg]

score - porci's 1 | dogs 0

[Image: 3.JPG]

[Image: pic1.JPG]

The King
[signature]
Hey Guys,

Mike here. I live just south of Grand Rapids. I enjoy fishing (duh) hunting, hiking and the Mrs. and I also enjoy hunting down all the lighthouses on the lake shores.

Some of my favorite spots to fish are (From left to right on the photo... Grand Haven Pier, the Ausable River (Cook & Foote Dam area), the Muskegon River (that's the view from cabin in Leota) the Grand River (6th Street Dam in GR). The other picture of the point is on the Ausable River where Grandpa and I have done our best to control the walleye population. [Wink]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/8704/size/big/cat/500/ppuser/53223"][Image: mike.jpg][/url]
I enjoy almost any kind of fishing. I grew up catching walleye, rock bass, smallmouth, an occasional pike and of course perch & gills (Yum) I have a small flat bottom boat that the wifey and I use in the local lakes in the area.

Over the last 3 years I've been hooked on Salmon, Steelhead and Brown Trout. I'm pretty lucky that I have several streams within a half hour of the house.

I'm not a huge hunter but I do enjoy deer hunting and picking off an occasional rabbit that might wonder into the yard.

My wife loves fishing as well and most times we are out there together. That doesn't stop me however from always looking for a fishing buddy. (Preferably one with a bigger boat. [Wink])

I have traveled all over Michigan and enjoy hiking and finding new places to fish. Pack a lunch, grab the rods and tackle and hit the trail looking for that perfect spot. The spot where you just know the second your lure hits the water there is a big bass just running to the surface to smash it to peices.

I'm a computer network engineer/Internet web master and a part-time farm hand whenever grandpa needs help. So if you ever need any computer help or want to know what REAL maple surup tastes like just let me know. But more importantly if your going fishing and need a tag along to help you get the boat in and out the water or maybe to fill the cooler up with beer YOU BETTER CALL ME!!!

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/8704/size/big/cat/500/ppuser/53223"][/url] mike
[signature]
Hey all.

Names Harley. Been fishing since I was old enough to hold a pole and listen to dads teachings.

I cut my teeth in Hillsdale county on the Saint Jo river and cub lake where my grand father owned a cottage.

I know live in Traverse City, in the Devils Elbow area, on Rennie Lake.

Hope to make some great friends and fishing buddies.
[signature]
Hello fellow fisherman. My name is Doug and I've been a Michigander (and an avid fisherman) my whole life. I mostly fish from shore here in my hometown of Grand Haven. My favorite tackle is my old Eagle Claw SQ2000 pole and Okuma FI40 spinning reel. I use Mepps Black Fury and BlueFox Vibrax Wildeyes (the older ones with the main body painted like a minnow head). I sometimes like to bottom fish, too. There are a lot of nice spots down by the river not too far from here where you can sit and fish for shovel heads and blues. I'm also a big fan of Plano tackle boxes.

I go fishing mostly on my bike (pedal bike, that is). I just load up my gear and away I go. I try to get out as often as I can. It's a great life and I agree that every boy should be exposed to the wonderful world of fishing. If they learn an appreciation for nature at a young enough age then perhaps it will stave off any bizarre behavior later on. Lord knows we got enough kids walking around with weird hairdos and metal things stuck in their faces. Give your kid a fishing pole and take him fishing and you may just save him from becoming a zoo animal.

This is the first time I have joined a fishing forum so it's nice to meet all of you and hopefully I can hook up with a few local fisherman.

[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
yep..i know the area your fishing ok..fished a few locations there myself ..in law familys from there ..summer catsfishing starting soon i like were spring lake enters the grand or the trassell alot also done well in the channell on grand haven side...if you have other locations or plans let me know..open for ideas good fishing
[signature]
good attitude. [:p]
and welcome to BFT..
[signature]