Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Fishing?
Anyone been doing any good out ice fishing?
[signature]
there is not much ice fishing done in ohio, lots of thin ice. but on the cold years I hear they do well on cats and walleye...
[signature]
James Beste from Hardin,.
Indian lake has been my all time best ice fishing spot. Ive ice fished it twice last year and caught 10 crappie 5 keeper bluegill and a saugeye both days,. this year its pretty thin right now and open water, some guys r out on the ice over at moundwood and blackhawk needs a few inches of ice, pretty thin yet,. cant wait till it freezes over good,. jig rapalas in the channels at blackhawk, they do great,. might snag into shad too,. long island is the best area to ice fish if u do go out to ice fish, but before hand u need to know where the lilypads are and the drop offs are, last year i found a good 6 inch drop off and could of limited out on bluegill if they werent so freakn small but the walleye pushn em out helped and u might hook onto a walleye at times,. right now ohio is alil warm yet to ice fish,. tear drops and perch eye jigs work the best, perch fishin wise, dont forget to give them a variety like a waxy mousy and spike,. they crave it,.
[signature]
thats quite in insite. thanks for the share.

was wondering if your lake firmed up for ya this year so you could get out?....

aslo did you go for the ice burg ride a couple weeks ago on lake eire?

my lake has been a little tricky this year, with all the springs and rivers flowing in on top of all that insulating snow.

the bite on my lake has been off too, good thing hunting was good last fall...
[signature]