Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sig SP 2340
I just bought a Sig SP2340 and love it. I got it used off a guy for 325.00 bucks, which is a pretty good deal since the gun is like new and retails for close to 600.00. This is what it looks like:

[Image: 2340.gif]

The first thing I noticed is that the stock that comes on the pistol was too fat for my hands, so I swapped it out with the narrower tactical stock that is shown in the picture, and comes standard with the gun. That made things a lot better. Even with the narrower stock, I still have a hard time getting to the clip release on the side, because the handle is still pretty thick even after swapping out the stocks. However, when I shot the gun, it made up for it. This is a very slick 40 Cal. It's accurate and doesn't kick as hard as other 40's i've shot. I was very impressed with this fire arms performance and I feel like I got a very good deal.

I wouldn't reccomend this firearm for "combat" applications because the stock's diminsions aren't as user friendly as say a Berreta M-9 or a Taurus PT-17. But, if you want a dependable gun for home security, or a fun and reliable pistol for shooting, this is a great gun. I just wish the handle was about a 1/4" narrower though. Then it would be good for anything.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Good buy there, you have one the best of the 40's available.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Can't beat a Sig. I have and carry on occasion either their big 45 cal. or their 357 sig models.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]One of the reasons that I like them is their large grip size. (big hands, long fingers)[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]I have a 40 cal. Kahr that I really like, but the grip is too small, and I can't find a good way of increasing the grip size.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]My favorite carry is the small (model 27) 40 cal. Glock. Just the right size for inside the pants carry.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]You have made a good choice on the Sig, and it appears that you got it at a good price.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
It is a sound gun, and it's seriously like brand new. I know it hasn't had many rounds put through it because I detail cleaned it after I got it, and I used a que tip in all the little mostly "not cleaned" areas that build up carbon and there was very little carbon there. The outside of the gun has zero scratches, it was just a good deal.

Another thing I didn't mention before that I don't like about the pistol is how it breaks down. When I was active duty, we carried M-9's and they are too easy to break down.

[Image: berettadt1.jpg]

If you look at the lever directly to the left of the slide release, that is what releases the slide to be removed. You simply push in the button and rotate. The slide does not have to be in the open/locked position to achieve this either. It's really fast and conveniant. The SP2340, on the other hand, is a pain the A$&. You have to somehow pull the slide to the rear and while you're holding it, push the pin on the opposite side and remove the slide release pin accordingly. You really need three hands to do it effectively, but momma wasn't an octopuss. I figured out a way to make it a little easier by using my leg to push the pistol against and use my left hand to push the slide back. I then use my right hand to push the pin and remove it. It's still a pain though. I think Glocks are like that too, but i've always felt glocks were over rated and high priced anyhow. LOL Personally, I think it's hard to beat a Taurus. Lifetime warranty, quality product, military spec and styling. I just couldn't afford a new pistol, and when I was offered this deal, I couldn't pass it up. [cool]
[signature]
M-9, Is that the peice Major Pain is cleaning and assembling while blind folded and hanging upside down? [laugh]
[signature]
LOL, good question. I'll see if I can find out an answer for that. I would assume based on when the movie was created that the answer is yes. All branches, to my knowledge, went to the M-9. I'm not positive on that though. I know the Navy and Air Force did for a fact, not sure about the Army or Marine Core. I'm about 99% sure they all did though. [Tongue]
[signature]
NIce Pick up. Good price and a good gun. I like saberfish am a Glock fan being in Law enforcement. I have the 27 in .40 and carry it off duty all the time. very accurate and dependable.

I carry the glock 22 on duty and because of training issues I stay with the glock. You always result back to your training. Diffrent gun in a gun battle than one that your use to training with could cause you problems.

Sorry about going of tangent here. But nice gun, good deal, Good on ya. Enjoy!
[signature]
Well, I carried the Berreta M-9 in the military, and I found it to be a superior firearm with a lot of great safety features. There are certain things that I usually look for in an auto loader:

External Hammer
De-cocker that eliminates any possibility of the fire arm going off
Safety

Another feature I really like is a pistol that allows you to rack it with the safety on and automatically de-cocks the weapon. The Berreta does this. In regards to the sig, I got the external hammer and the De-cocker, but it's minus the safety. But for the price, I couldn't pass it up.

I know Glock makes a fine pistol, and I don't want to take anything away from the company. However, if I had a choice of any firearm to carry as a duty weapon, it would probably be the Taurus PT-17.
[signature]
That's a great price and a good looking gun. I bet it's fun to shoot too. Did you get it for home/personal protection?
[signature]
Well, i've been wanting one for the longest time. Everytime I got money saved up to purchase one, something on my boat needed replaced or I needed another rod or reel. I put a lot of my money into fishing, and never could hold onto it enough to buy another pistol. But, when I found this one, I went ahead and purchased it.

This was more of an impulse buy, but you're right. I purchased the gun for home protection primarily, but also as a hobby shooting gun. My home protection gun before then was my SKS. LOL, that's a good home protection gun no dought, but I wanted something that wouldn't go through the bad guy, my house, and the neighbors house if I ever had a need to use it. [Tongue] It really is a sweet gun and i'm very pleased with it.
[signature]
lmao, sks[sly].. Chinese home protection. That new pistol sounds like it's gonna treat ya right.
[signature]
The really funny thing is that it was my deer hunting rifle too. LMAO!!!!!! I was about the most unsafe hunter in the woods. I'm surprised I never took a toe off with that thing, as it had to be racked before I headed into the woods. [shocked] (too loud to rack once you got in the woods) You could hear that thing chamber a round from a mile away. LOL But, it was all I had, so I did what I needed to do. I like the taste of deer meat too much to call it a day because of not having the right equipment. [Wink] Recklas? I think not! More like persistant. [Tongue]
[signature]
[sly]Lmao, good stuff right there.
[signature]
Deleted spammer