• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone try that one..?
hi all

those anyone did try thast one..?

do look ok.

http://www.northernangler.mb.ca/onlineca...vboat.html

joco
[signature]
..that looks very similar to the [url "http://www.caddissports.com/Images/pro2000_specs.jpg"]caddis sport 2000[/url] that costs just at or just over 100.00...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
and is it ok..?

for big guy.

what about the new.day tripper..2008

http://www.waterskeeter.com/enlarge/day_tripper.html

id did ask before about the day tripper and did not got any good coment ..is that one better or its still no good.

i got a local guy here that as them.

joco
[signature]
That doesn't look all that bad. The only experience I have had with the Boston Valve have been toys for our ski boat and the Day Tripper. I really don't care for them but that is me. I always lost the caps.
I also had the Day Tripper which was not good for me, but I am a light weight. I have heard they work well for the Big Boys. Tuben2 has been using one for a year or two and it worked well for him.
I find them hard to put together right and too effected by the wind. They really sit out of the water and are not long enough to take big waves. You will feel like you can roll forward in them but, I tried and could not.
I say, you are in a tuff situation being in Canada, and if they have both these there, then I would pick the Daytripper because of your size, I think you will like it, but now you need waders and shoes, plus flippers.
[signature]
..my only experience with tubing so far is the older caddis u-tube that tn2 gave me... I saw him in his fish cat 4 and I was impressed with how it kept him out of the water.. plus its design (like the odc-420 and the pro 2000 called hybrids of toon and tube) looks to be more aerodynamic and smoother in the water.. I weigh in at 240 and I felt safe and secure in the caddis but do see where the design of the so called "hybrids" would be more secure.. maybe a little less affective in the wind since you sit higher.. but I think more stable..
again.. I am the novice here and have tubed only three times

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
You may enjoy the Daytripper over the 2000 boat. Just remember that "The Wind is not your Frind" (misspelled on purpose).

I don't know how much tubing experience you have. Mine is just over 30, my father, just over 50yrs.

He didn't raise a fool.

I did take my DayTripper out on a very windy day just to see what all the hype is about in windy weather. That is when I found out 1st hand that the Wind is not your friend.

What type of tube are you upgrading from or is this your first venture into the tubing world??

We can help you steer more towards something that would suit you best.[cool]
[signature]
hi tuben2.

it will be my first tube or poontoon ..never been in one.

i di ask about the day tripper about 4 months ago here and did not got that good off a response..but i taught mabe that new day tripper if its a true newer version might be better.

its just because here a bit harder to find something plus there a deale off skeeter about 15 min frome my house.

there is a lot off lower end budget flaot tube around but nothing like you guys got.....

no cats around.no h3 around.nothing under 5 hour trip.

i realy dont no what to get...just searching around.now i even thing about a little poontoon type..any good ones in th sketers..under that 500$ mark?

and that day tripper is it realy a new edition or just the colors that did change....?

thanks and soory for the question i am asking.....first i want to lurn frome th best.you guys,,,,plyus i dont no what to get.

liie i said in some tread.i am a big kayakers and love it..same for canoes i have those ,but now i want to try something hesle.

thanks guys.

joco
[signature]
hi ya plus i do a lot off miliege on water.like at least a cople miles per outhing.

so for long way on water it will be a kayak.for short inbay fishing....float tube or some pontoon.

joco
[signature]
The new part is the color.

If you are looking for short trip fishing then the skeeter might be the way to go for your convenience.

You can always save your Kayak for the windy days or just stay off the water and drink beer.[cool]
[signature]
hi again.

i was just looking at the skeeter sites.there 3 deferent model off the day tripper now.....

and they look deferent.

day tripper
day tripper 11
day tripper lp

the day tripper 11 those look like to be to high..might be the one wit the probleme off sliding off etc..

i dont no..

joco
[signature]
Check out [url "http://www.ventureoutdoors.net"]www.ventureoutdoors.net[/url] and hit the 'pontoons' section. Now don't get all doey eyed on those big river running 'toons, scroll down to the 4 .5 footer....$98.ooo with a link to purchase at Sams Club.
[signature]
...dang.. I forgot about the venture series.. I kind of favor the 6' at the very bottom.. I think it says it runs 399.00.....save my change for another year and I can probably afford that one.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
they do look good.

but imagine the price off the shiping to get those to me here in canada,,,[pirate]. its a big package.

pay 100$ for the float tube and 200$ to get it to me..[:/].

but.it those look good.but i want something portable,,,if i get something like that...i will use my kayak insted no more troble to carry then those tubs..

but it those look good and thanks to show me those.

joco
[signature]
Joco, I have the HIGH END Echo and have had for a few years. I don't use them much I just am one of those people that has to have at least one of everything.
They are great! the one I have is somewhat deflateable with the durabladder where the ones for $98 are not. To describe the toons as Carol told me, they are like Rubbermaid garbage cans. There is a fine dust in them that will seal any holes.
Mine also has the cover (RED), two side pockets, and a padded seat. I built a storage shelf on the back. My old man weighs around 225 and sits nice an high in these 4' pontoons and you can turn on a dime.
But then mine don't sell for $98...[laugh]
[signature]
...you have the echo dura pro dont you sis????.. how much extra, if at all, was the cover for it??

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I think the difference in price has to do with the seat, the material of the bladders (deflateable) and the cover which is a thick PVC cloth with a smooth surface for easy cleaning. Two different boats so not sure what the cover, or if you can even buy the cover separate, costs .
[signature]
... I saw the cheaper one say non deflatable.. so guessing you are right there.. did not see anything in the fine print that give an option for color on the more expensive one.. I may just have to wander over to sams club and see what they got.. [Smile]...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Hey Mac! I got to get you out in the Banana boat. Here it is in the Salt!

[inline bigchair1.JPG]
This one is with the simple rod rack for 4 rods.

Then you have.......

The deluxe rod rack for 40 rods and a beer in the beer holder.[cool]
[inline tuberod22.JPG]
[signature]
....gotta love that banana boat.. but isnt 40 rods a little excessive.. I mean look at it this way... if you take fewer rods then you would have more room for beer and maybe a snack or two... only things I see missing from that boat are the hull.. and the harpoon in case any of those beasts from the sea with the big rows of teeth is missing... [crazy]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
That's a fly rod in my hands. The hands removes on the end. That is where I store the gaff.[cool]
[signature]