Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bush, a day late and a dollar short.
Well there is a new hopeful economic stimulant package coming on the books over the next few weeks,

Bush says he will be looking forward to putting money in to the hands of the poor...

It may be only a hundred or two in food stamps, extensions in unemployment benefits and tax breaks for middle class business, it is a positive step in to the right direction.

I am glad to see he had figured that the economic tree's life giving fluid "money" doesn’t flow from the top down but from the roots up. "Poor and Middle class" more to the fact that money should be like the rains, and flow in a full circle of an economic nitch.

I hope this is a step towards the end of "the trickle down economics" of the Regan years; it only served to starve an economy from the bottom up to the middle of the tree...

It may be only wishful feelings on my part for seeing this as a step to an investment in to the roots of our economic tree.

In my thesis of economics 30 years back I stated that a strong economic tree depends on a healthy bottom line, and if the bottom line is week when the economic winds begin to blow, the tree rocks for the lack of having a solid foot hold, and can topple over.

Remember, whatever the government subsidizes, prospers. if the bottom line is subsidized then the whole economic tree will begin to grow healthy again... [Wink][Smile][cool]

[signature]
I have no problem with helping the poor. I do however have a problem when the "help" is to the point where people are better off not working and just living off the Gov. I have no desire to reward the lazy with my tax dollars. Example.. If you can afford cable tv, cigarrettes and buy beer then you don't need my money to survive !!!

Whenever you have a program like food stamps or Gov assistance there will always be those who will abuse the system. That doesn't mean I don't believe it is needed. It is a vital program to help people get back on there feet. But that's what it should be. To help you get back on your feet. Not to live the rest of your life on. I believe stronger guidelines should be put in place and a system for checking to make sure the people who actualy need help are getting it. Also to make sure the people are getting education or job training as well so that they can rejoin the workforce. Programs like this should be a helping hand not a lifestyle.
[signature]
That was the theory behind reganomics that was the excuse for the removal of the welfare tax. Clinton did as much to remove the welfare tax as did Regan and Nixon.. Clinton also was responsible for permanently removing many of the programs those taxes paid for including monies that went directly to schools…

It was during Clinton’s era that the nation wide general assistance and medical programs was drastically reduced or in some states removed all together.

I used to hate history in school... but today when I think about and compare those lessons to what is happening today. I have grown a great respect for the recorded history and a added found respect for Mrs. Warfeild my history teacher in jr. high school.. It helps me to understand what is wrong, where it went wrong, what is needed to fix it... Hillary hasn’t got a clue... she is one of them that was removing the welfare tax chip by chip, Grandholm is another, so was Ingler... Ingler was the worst thing that hit this state since Millican.

What most people didn’t realize is the welfare tax was not a tax imposed on the working class as they had you believe. It was a tax that regulated the import business. It kept corporations from going across the boarders looking for cheep labor as they were doing back in the early 1900's up to the time of the great stock market crash in 29.

The welfare tax was imposed by Roosevelt not to feed the lazy, but to feed and home those put out of work by a fleeting industry.

The welfare tax was not a Willie Nellie tax that every one was paying on. But since the removal of that welfare tax, there have been a number of over night billionaires, all on the backs of foreign labor, sold to Americans looking for cheep product.

Japan has reported they are extremely ticked off at the US market for the mistakes made. Japan was heavily vested in to this country. Now everybody is; and they are providing labor and product to a country of non-working or income challenged Americans. What I mean by income challenged is hard working Americans who find their rate of pay that has not kept up with inflation.

Worse yet, the non working poor has seen the inflation rates sky rocket on basic needs like medical, food, heat, yet their annual cost of living increase has only gone up 2% per year.

Those guys who are buying beer are also buying drugs.. Believe me when I say you can’t afford to drive down the road on a well fare check. To which there are none any more... not for adults. They got rid of that 17 years ago, when the welfare tax was completely eliminated.

That program was called general assistance in the state of Michigan. At the time they got 175 per month for a single adult to live on pay rent heat electric, then they got 75 in food stamps per month. Yep, they were living high on the hog. The only people collecting that were those who for no fault of their own could obtain a job.

But like you said there are those and always be those who will abuse the system. That system is gone. Can’t be abused any more. There is the aid to dependent children in Michigan that will pay child support to a single woman until the child is 5, and demands that the woman will take job training and will take a part time job the fifth year, full time the next and off the system...

No matter what any one has ever told you, you have never paid a welfare tax dollar in your lifetime. That was a lie. Only the import businesses paid the welfare tax.

Hover said the same thing when he was running to hold the office of president against Roosevelt as McCain did during the primary here, the jobs are gone and they aint coming back and there is nothing you can do about it. The way Roosevelt set up the welfare tax, he said ok, you can keep sending those jobs over the boarders and bringing product back, but you are going to pay for the unemployed with your profits.--++

That was a double negative for the import business because not only did they have to pay a higher rate of tax, but also when the unemployment raised so did the import tax...

That was a double positive for hard working Americans in that they got food supplements, "mostly army surpluses" and capons for milk and what notts. It swung the influence of corporate to manufacture product here and keep the people here working instead of child labor across the boarders.. We got a lot of that child labor here as well because industry was still looking for the cheapest laborers they could find...

To put this in to a perspective you can understand.
Ford has shipped 75% of the auto making industry across the boarder. There are a few odd jobs here and there, and a little bit of assembly. The welfare tax that was imposed was basically this. Since 75% of the car was manufactured across the boarder, then 75% of the income of that vehicle was subject to the rate of tax of the unemployment in addition to the base income tax due.

So today,

Example, today Michigan is at 7.5 unemployment rate, a 7.5% welfare tax would have been imposed on the profit of that car and any other product imported in to this country for the month of January 2008.

It was at this time when Roosevelt was in office that a green program was enacted across the country. Funded by this welfare tax. Jobs were created all over the country; in Michigan the program was called MCC. "Michigan Conservation Corps" Many of the pine forest you see today across the state of Michigan was planted by the MCC's. These trees were planted because the state was literally barren due to the logging industry who stripped the land of trees and never replanted... the MCC's worked for minimum wage (fifty cent to a dollar per day), lived on camp, paid for their meals lodging and clothing. Schools were also funded federally under the welfare tax.

The welfare tax was working hard for America... the welfare tax also subsidized farmers who could not sell their product to non-working Americans. There was food for every one, yet every one was starving for the lack of unemployment or under employment (low paying wages)

It was then Roosevelt found that a minimum wage mandate was needed to stimulate the working class because they were working for less than the daily cost of living... Child labor laws were needed as well; children were put in positions on jobs that adults knew was a death trap...

My dad was one of them child laborers, It makes me shutter when I think of how hard he had it before Roosevelt stepped in. at the age of eight years old, my dad was working for a Pennsylvania coal strip mine, he had only one job for 10cents per day. His job was to drive the nitro glycerin truck from the top of the mine to the bottom of the mine. Lots of kids’ didn’t make it... Had Roosevelt not have stepped in when he did, I would not be typing here today...

Needless to say, the welfare tax did a lot for the welfare of this country, it provided programs, food, housing, heat, jobs, education tho at below poverty levels, they kept Americans alive baring health problems until the economy turned around...

The point is, no hard working American ever paid a single welfare tax dollar...
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Sending jobs across the borders doesn’t take money out of the country, it takes money out of the hands of the working class America.. Then places it in to the hands of the mega wealthy.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]How money leaves America is though the stock market. To those who bought stocks in companies here, like those of the Middle East who invested in Enron corp. and when you get a thief who runs off with the money. You tick off a foreign nation or province king who don’t take to thievery lightly and decide to take military action by hiring a mercenary to deliver a message. [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Hillary will raise the tax, but not the welfare tax and will spend it elsewhere other than on the welfare of America, this is why McCain lost in Michigan, this is the experience that Hillary dose not have. This is the experience that George Romney possessed and excerpted while in the office of governor of Michigan..[/size][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][black][font "Arial Black"][black]Roosevelt economics is old school, but just because it is old school doesn’t mean it is wrong or out dated. It is acutely based on the thousands of years old Japanese tear farming where a revolving economic benefited the civilities as a whole, money revolved from one province to the next from the top tear to the bottom tear then back to the top again[/black][/font].[size 3].[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Shit, if I get a bigger tax return this year, it'll be the first thing Bush ever DID in all his years as President that I LIKE. Although, I must admit, I endorsed his idea to privatize social security. The government is whizzing our social security down its leg and it'd be nice to have some semblance of control over it.

~Billy~
[#ffffff][url "www.unitedmarine.net/BoatOwners/"]Boat Owner Insurance[/url][/#ffffff]
you mean privetize it like they did with FEMA money that was susposed to go to the huricane victoms?

rosevelt set it up right, we just have to stop the polititons from robbing it the way they have been since they have cut back on Rosevelts New Deal as of Reagan dazes it was called the welfare tax....

and I wont see a penny of that rebate bush is giving out so I wont think any better of him when he steps out of office.... Dont get me wrong, clinton did just as much as bush and regan and nixon did to get us to where we are today....
[signature]