Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cow Elk
[size 1]Well, I'm finally getting around to posting up a report on last weeknds cow hunt. My kid has been sick and felt it wasn't fair unless she shared the bug with my wife and I.
Arrived at the property around 6:30 am. To my surprise we were the only ones there that early. We started gearing up as the skies started to lighten. By the time we we're ready to leave the vehicles we started seeing elk right away. Good sign. We headed through the gate just as it was gettin to be shootin light. We only made it about 2miles in and the animals were everywhere. Can't remember when I saw that many elk scattered throught the foothills. Several batches of 30 or more elk were everywhere. I ranged in what I felt to be a nice sized cow at 353 yards, took a steady rest and let one fly. Down she went. Took almost a half hour in snow shoes to walk over to her, man the snow is gettin deep up there. Can't wait to finish up the brauts and the rest of the butchering. Gonna have a huge Q for superbowl sunday.[/size]
[size 1][inline 4BFTIMGP1133.jpg][/size]
[signature]
congrats on your harvest.. she looks like a dandy.. and a couple trips back and forth to the truck...[Tongue]

or did you have something to drag her out with..

Q on a SBS, now there is a winning combo no matter who wins..
[signature]
Nice. I took one Saturday up by the Gorge. Nice easy 75 yd shot. Terrible 3 hour sled pull back to the truck. 2 hours were in the dark.

Good job.
[signature]
All that work makes those steaks and roasts taste even better. I know this from experience.[Wink].. Congrats on the score!
[signature]
Lots of packin back to the road then the snowmobile took over.
[signature]