Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass tournaments
My buddy that turned me on to bass fishing a few years ago (I figure he owes me about $23,000) used to fish tournaments in Cali. and wants us to fish some tournies here in Utah. I have enough on my plate without belonging to a bass club and was wondering if there are any fishing tournaments that any Joe Shmoe can fish in. I know of the Catch a Cure for Cancer tourney and the Gorge tourney but what else is there?
I'm not looking to qualify for a bass federation competition, just looking for some friendly competition. I stopped fishing tournaments because of my reasons (fish for fun) but he has convinced me to get back into them.
What local bass clubs are here in central/northern Utah? These are questions that I should probably know the answer to but have avoided the tournament scene.
[signature]
I'm sure bassrods will chime in here. He is one of the officers in a local club and I know he fishes some tournaments. I used to fish tournaments when everything was BASS, but now there are more options. My brother fishes quite a few tournaments, none of which require him to be a memeber of a local club. For now, you can go to FreeFormFishing.com and look in their links. Theres a bass clubs link that will take you to Central Utah Bassmasters, from there you can see most of the local clubs.
[signature]
utbass.com

No membership required ...
[#0000ff]March 29th ~ Pelican Lake[/b] - Pro-Am[/#0000ff] April 26th ~ Steinaker - Pro-Am [#0000bf]May 31st ~ Deer Creek Reservoir - Draw[/#0000bf] Friday Night June 27th ~ Newcastle[/b] - Pro-Am [#0000ff]Friday July 18th ~ Jordanelle Full Moon - Draw[/#0000ff] August 9th ~ Pineview - Draw [#0000ff]September 13th ~ Jordanelle - Draw[/#0000ff] October 4th ~ Jordanelle - Draw
[signature]
I notice you have listed a tournament at Newcastle on Friday, July 18th. Also that it's a Pro/Am. Who is putting this tournament on? Also, Newcastle in July is going to be an iffy proposition at best due to low water levels.
[signature]
Are these one-day tournaments? What are the entry fees? How many boats do you typically have? Sorry for all the questions, I couldn't find the answers on your website.
[signature]
there is a spring and fall bullfrog open. they are team tournaments. they can be alot of fun.
[signature]
I attached a list of events that I received from an old boss of mine sent me. I am in the works with him trying to get me into some fishing tourney's (Bass) also!!! I am pretty sure that you have to join a club to fish these though and the club that I am going to join is on the bottom of the schedule ([url "http://eteamz.active.com/utbfn/"]http://eteamz.active.com/utbfn/[/url])!!! If you have anymore questions shoot me a pm, I have to call him (my old boss) this weekend for all my questions and to figure out what I have to do also.
TS
[signature]
Entry Fee... 35.00
One-Day Events
Usually 5-10 boats.
Small & Simple
[signature]
You may want to consider fishing the American Bass Tournaments, these are buddy type tournaments with good payout and freindly atmosphere. There is a one time $30? membership. Entry fees are about $150 per team. Tournaments are held on Twin lakes, Flaming Gorge, East Caynon. For more info check out americanbass.com and click the rockymountain region.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I fished the BASS tournaments years ago. I like the one-day format. My wife doesn't like me to fish on Sunday. She never gives me grief about fishing so I honor her wished and don't fish on Sunday. These sound like a good time.
[signature]
I may be blind but I did not see the 'rocky mountain region' on the webpage. However, I like what I see so far.
[signature]
I have had some rough years running this thing. With the drought and having to deal with conflicting schedules. I try and keep it simple and open to every one. I am currently looking for a partner to run these events. It's nice to have two sets of eyes on everything.
[signature]
[laugh] On the left side of the american bass web site you will see a line to that says team tournaments, click on that, then schedules and look under the northwest region.
[signature]
OK, I found it. Are you a member? I like the buddy format but too bad there are no tournys on Jord., DC, Pelican, Etc.
[signature]
[Wink] I've fished them for a couple of years and had a great time. There aren't any tournaments on many of the good Utah lakes due to restrictions from the fish and game.
[signature]
They don't have many tournaments on Jordanelle , Deer creek and others because you can't weigh your fish, and with the new regs they maybe coming out with it will only be worse for tournament fishing on all lakes in Utah...
[signature]
You guys have fun fishing in the bass tournament in March and April because when I get back to the states in May I plan on taking them over. Pineview in Sept is mine. Ha Ha Bass_trackin
[signature]
It was fun fishing that tournament at Rockport with you hope to fish another one with you when you get back keep in touch and let us know if they have any fishing over there...
[signature]