Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tube cost???
I have a old circular tube that is too small for me now. It is in great condition!! Great for a younger kid, getting started in the tube world. I was wondering how much it migh be worth? it is a browning.
[signature]
[cool]There are several factors involved...original cost, age, condition, type of air chamber (inner tube or vinyl), etc.

I recently sold a "big guy" model browning, with a fairly new 23" truck tire tube for about $35. I think the original price, ten years ago was about $100. I got a lot of use out of it, and the only reason I charged more than $20 was because the truck tire tube was worth over $20 by itself.

In short, anytime you sell anything it is worth exactly how much someone else is willing to pay for it. I have sold off and given away quite a few "used and abused" tubes over the years. I like to try to get them into the hands of someone who wants to get into the sport but might be limited on funds. I usually charge something, even though I would be happy just to give them away in some cases. After all, there has to be some value to the deal.

I have a suggestion. I got a new guy to register on BFT, after he came down to Arizona from Utah and I introduced him to tubing. He bought an older model Caddis tube from me and I know he is looking for something for his daughter. He is a single father raising three kids, so money is an issue. If you sent him a PM and make him an offer he can't refuse, you should get some interest.

He hasn't posted on the Utah board yet, but he has a couple of posts scattered on the float tubing board. He posts as jigme. If you can't find one of his posts just type that in on a Private Message. His name is Mike Barker.

By the way, are you looking to upgrade, or are you getting off the water?
[signature]
I am looking to upgrade, but most of all trying to clean my dads garage out. My father past away last summer and my mom said it is time that her kids go through the garage and get what we want of my dad tools, which is alot, and to get it straight. And most of all get our stuff out. My Old float tube has been sitting in the rafters collecting dust. I am not a huge guy, but it is definitely too small for the tastes of me. I mainly fly fish or spend time on my boat. Havent tubed in a few years now, and am looking to get in something new as a tube, but $$$ seems to keep going else where. As you probably already know TD there are alot of ponds and lakes that can be best fished by tube here in N. Utah, and I am itchin to get back on them. The tube I have is a truck inner tube with inflatable pouch back. Simple set up, I think I bought it new 9-10 yrs ago for $100 also. I will send jigme a PM on that. Like I said it is just collecting dust. As for me, what do you suggest I look at as a new tube. I like the looks of your fat cat, but dont know if it is reasonable for me to drop that kind of money right now on tube like that, I am trying to fix up my B.O.A.T. so in other words, dropping another thousand. That is the project that never ends. But I guess right now is the time I get all the toys I can get before I meet Mrs. Polokid. THen from what I hear and see it is even more difficult to get this fun stuff.
[signature]
[cool]My condolences on your father's passing. That is something I face soon as well. My dad is in a care center and was not expected to reach his 85th birthday...which was April fools day...April 1. He fooled us.

I am attaching a writeup I finished a short while back, for anyone who is considering a new craft. It points out much of the obvious...such as size, budget, type of fishing, etc. The main purpose is to stimulate thought and to make fellow floaters familiar with some of the options.

Having spent a lot of time in "round boats", I have really come to appreciate the open-ended craft...especially when launching and beaching. There are several good "Uboats" and mini-pontoons available for around $150, that are good values. The Caddis Navigator, the Kennebec and Togiak by Trout Unlimited, and numerous others all fall within that area. One that I have not had an opportunity to try, but looks good on paper, is the Sub 714, by the Creek Company. I am posting a linkto that one, as well as to The Float Tube Store. They have a lot of good info there.

[url "http://www.creekcompany.com/craft_sub.html"][font "Times New Roman"][#800080][size 3]http://www.creekcompany.com/craft_sub.html[/size][/#800080][/font][/url][size 3][font "Times New Roman"] CREEK 714[/font][/size]

[url "http://www.thefloattubestore.com/"][font "Times New Roman"][#0000ff][size 3]http://www.thefloattubestore.com/[/size][/#0000ff][/font][/url][size 3][font "Times New Roman"] THE FLOAT TUBE STORE [/font][/size]

Go ahead and look over the writeup attached, and check out the links. I think Sportsmans is a dealer for Creek, so maybe you can find one to look at. I liked the idea of oars on a small craft, for moving across larger waters, fighting wind and even slow trolling without having to kick as much.

Get back to me if you want any fill in info. And, one final word on that potential wife thing: A MAN DOES NOT KNOW WHAT TRUE HAPPINESS IS, UNTIL HE IS MARRIED. BUT, THEN IT IS TOO LATE.

My wife and I have a 50 - 50 relationship when it comes to money. SHE GETS 50 DOLLARS AND I GET 50 CENTS.

Hope that helps keep you single and happy for a while longer.
[signature]
[left]i just buy some tire tubes they work great i bought mine for a bout $25 but bought mine new you can buy them used[/left] [center][Image: flyani.gif][/center] [center]lonewolf[/center] [center] [/center]
[signature]
[cool]That's how I started out, over 40 years ago. I put different kinds of seats in them from wooden slats, to canvas and burlap. I tried stringing some ropes across the tube and straddling it, but I almost made myself a soprano.

What kind of fish do you fish for in your homemade rigs?
[signature]
Im a big guy for 15, 6 2, 230 and I just got a new tube. I got the Navigator IV made by caddis and it seems like it is going to be just right for a while. I bought it at Turners for 59.99 and is the best for the money.

Good luck on your search.

Aaron
[signature]