Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer creek
Has anyone been up at all. going tomorrow morning. wondering if anyone has info on productive setups or baits.
[signature]
My two brothers and I were there last saturday. We started out on the north side of the island in only about 12-15 feet of water, we could see to the bottom very clearly in the ice tent. We fished there from sun-up until about 10:30 and had fish coming through every couple of minutes. They were biting best on a small ice fly, like a rat finkie, tipped with about half a nightcrawler just hanging down underneath. When we came out of the tent at 10:30 there were people everywhere around us and the fishing had slowed down a little, so we headed out about half way between the island and the northwest shore to try to catch some perch just for fun. We didn't find the perch, but we found some trout at every location by fishing a second pole down about 12-15 feet. We eventually ended up closer to the opposite shore than to the island and far enough to the southeast to be in only about 18 feet of water again. One of my brothers and I finished up the day there catching trout just like in the morning, and on the same set-up. Between the three of us we caught almost 60 trout throughout the day, most between 12 to 14 inches, but 9 of the 11 we kept were right around 17-18 inches. We forgot our camera but a guy from Heber was walking around the lake taking pictures of people and said we had more big fish than anyone he'd seen yet. My advise would be to stay away from that huge group thats always just Northwest of the island, and shallower water seemed to be better for just catching trout.
[signature]
[Wink] Thank you for the info. I hope I have as much luck as you guys did.
[signature]
Well thank you we did just that just where you were, and caught just about 60 between 2 of us. We didnt move to much though. I got one decent one about 3 or 4 lbs, 21.5 inches. was fun to catch on 2 lb test. All in all a good time except when i fell on the bank and landed on my knee. still hurts pretty bad[mad].
[signature]
Glad to hear you got into those fish, its always fun when your catching them constantly, especially when you get a big one now and then.
[signature]