Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 days no fishing
No fishing last 5 days. Really wanted to get out this weekend but never had the chance. (I did rack up some hubby points though). As long as work doesn't get crazy hopefully I'll wet a line later in the week.
[signature]
[size 1]finaly got in 4 days on the ice, lots and lots of tiny gills, had to weed though a hundred to get one sizeable one...

the other night one of the guys brought out his boy, "12" he hooked on to a monster crappie, his first, he tried to bring it up though the hole like the gills, but before any one could get out a word he had pulled the hook from the paper mouth...

so I explained to him how when you get a crappie you have to drag it off the side of the hole or get your ice scooper under it to get it out of the whole...

the next day, he brought one of his school chums out with him, and he was doing pretty good on his own pulling up gills, his first time ever ice fishing.... while sittin there chewin the fat, the boy told his school chum about catchin crappie and how to land them though the ice... Made my day, to hear my lessons didnt go through deaf ears....[cool] made my weak to see the lesson being passed along....[cool][cool] [/size]
[signature]
Part of being a good fisherman is passing down the information to the younger generations.

Great job Dave !!!

ps. We've had rain last 2 days in a row. (7 days no fishing..starting to get the shakes) [Wink]

Ice down here is fading fast. Bad for the ice fishing but good news for those of us fishing steelhead in the rivers. Hopefully I'll get out tomorrow.
[signature]
No mudpuppies this year ?
[signature]
Have you gone this week ?
I might head over to tippy sunday .
[signature]
Boss has actualy been making me work this week, havn't been out at all. The weekend is going to be a bust as well because my mom isn't feeling well and we are going to make a trip to West Branch for the weekend.

Boss also just told me that on this upcoming Tuesday I'm to head for South Dakota to help out on a project out there so Monday is going to be my only chance for next week. [unsure][unsure][unsure]
[signature]
Westbranch isn't too far from where I'm at so it looks like the roads will be pretty clear for you [cool].
Hope all goes well with your mom[Smile] .
I'll leave a big fat cromer in the river for you [Wink] !
[signature]
no puppies this year, but I havent had enough ice to get out where thay are....

got out on the lake yesterday for a few, only 6 inches.... not good, fished for a short time, pulled up one 12 inch perch then went back in to the shallows for some gill fishing on pontiac lake....[Smile]

been there three times, last week, got my limit all three times. I am eating so many gills I am starting to get blue in the face,,,[shocked] I just love when I get my color back....
[signature]
hope ma gets to fealing better,

dont forget to take a rod, I hear they got ice, and I think they can keep bass in the winter... bass are pretty taisty when caught though the ice....[Tongue]
[signature]
Mom was feeling better. Seeing the grandkids always seems to lift her spirits. My mom lives on Lake Ogemaw. They had good ice all the way accross the lake. I thought about trying my luck at some bluegills through the ice but spent the time in the house playing euchre most of the day (besides the snonmobiles were out there by the dozens and I probably would have gotten ran over).

You have any luck at tippy Mr. Lonehunter?
[signature]
No , I didn't get to go , played carpet installer for my youngest daughter , california berber .
She took a spill on the playground at school today and broke her clavical bone (sholder ) .
I am hitting the small local dams just to get my fix when I can't head over .
waxeys on a #20 hook with a 1/8 splitshot , the suckers give me a little action most of the time .
Did you drive thru Tippy town or take in some of the action there ?
[signature]
suckers are running already?!!! Jimminey, I just got started ice fishing....[shocked]
[signature]