Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice stroll down memory lane
I'm still Carpal Tunnel Syndrom challenged so fishing has been out of the question since the diagnosis. (They do seem to be getting better.) I had to turn down a guided sturgeon trip month-before-last (never caught one of those brutes on a dry fly before - then again, I never caught one on anything.) Anyway, to my point...

I spent the evening unwinding by cruising through some old posts on this board from 05-07 and really enjoyed them. Thanks to all of you who make it happen, especially the mods.

z~
[signature]
Hang in there Zonker. I haven't been able to fish cause of all the snow we are getting pounded with. Even if I could get up to the rivers, tracking through 3' to 5' of snow is not my idea of a relaxing fishing trip![pirate]
[signature]
We're getting the snow here, too - gobs of it. The highways over the Cascades from our side are all closed up tonight. They're telling everyone to stay out of the mountains. They gave up trying to plow the roads until the latest storm is over. Can't keep up. Nothing you Utahans don't see fairly often, I suspect. We even got about 6 inches of snow this week in our little foothills town, which only happens about every other year.

Oh for some water to float, some fish to chase, some balmy weather, and the ability to go fish. This "fishing" the Internet isn't nearly as fun.

z~
[signature]
Hang in there Dave! "Ye shall overcome." God Bless, Don
[signature]
[reply]
Hang in there Zonker. I haven't been able to fish cause of all the snow we are getting pounded with. Even if I could get up to the rivers, tracking through 3' to 5' of snow is not my idea of a relaxing fishing trip![pirate] [/reply]
SNOW SHOES Like walking on water but snow
[signature]
Hang in there Uncle Z. Bungees will do wonders as soon as you can get some kind of brace on your swatting hand.[cool]

We are getting some snow in the surrounding mountains down in SoCal. It gets down to 29 degrees at night and up to mid 70s through the day.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Z, good to have you check in once in awhile, even if you are still "carped".[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It really is kinda fun to wander back through the old posts sometimes to revisit trips of old and to stir up the memories.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Probably just as well you did not try for the sturgeon with dries. They tend to feed more off the bottom...with their big sucker-like lips. You would probably do better with something like this.[/#0000ff]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=33267;]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey Zonker. I'll be glad to offer my "Stand-in" talents for your guided trips!. I'll tell you exactly how it was.If you want I can use your gear. That way you would feel more 'connected'. Many of my friends live vicariously thru me anyway as they are married...or have jobs. I on the other hand just live my life following the mantra of my father, " My favorite thing about fishing is practice, practice, practice". By the way, I've never actually landed a Sturgeon. Lost one when I ran outta room on a bank fishing trip, bye, bye, all my line. Stupid trees!
[signature]
[cool]Did you have that specially made TD, or is there a commercial name to it? Might also be a carp killa.

z~
[signature]
[cool]You're O so generous and throughtful, BP. You'd probably even let me clean it for you, too. Right?

z~
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]That is one of several "gag" flies I tie.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Another is my "Dolly" fly.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=24611;]
[signature]
...I likes that dolly fly.. [Tongue]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Do you still have your picture of the Jaws Fly???? Then Macfly will understand what I mean when I tell him that we throw out some heavy flies.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You mean this one (attached pic)?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That little fly is tough to fish on my little 3 weight. I keep popping it off the 6x tippet on distance casts.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
good God almighty... did you forge that hook on your own.. [sly]... hell youd have to tie that to a light cable and drop it off from a j bar davot...heheh

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]What? You never seen a Texas bluegill hook before? [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Tryin' to lift a box of 100 of those hooks will give you a hernia...maybe a HISnia.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Kinda like why I quit huntin' elephants. Carryin' the decoys was murder.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[sly]... gotta hate those life size decoy.. even if they are made of foam..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
That be the one. [cool]

I was just trying to picture the fly box that you carry the dozen of those around in.[laugh]
[signature]
...lol.. I say a big semi would work to carry a days worth of those flies..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]