Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeffries Ledge off coast of NH.
On April 16th 2003 I took a trip with Al Gauron deep sea fishing charter out off Hampton Beach NH. Sea's where somewhat rough but the sun was out and the fish were biting. It was nice to get into a mess of Haddock for a change. It's been quite a while since the Haddock landed out number the Cod and Pollock. the keeper size was increased to 23" and a bag limit of ten combination of Cod and Haddock. You can increase the take with pollock and cusk and wolf fish. The fish pool was won by a ten pound Haddock and it was split between two who tied. I figure my biggest fish would have given me a third place. That seems to be as high as I can get this year because that where I finished in the Ice derby as well. I can't wait to try again. Soon I will be posting pixs in the 16 species contest. Chief panfish.
[signature]
is a Wolf Fish similar to our Ling Cod here on the west Coast?

Aaron
[signature]
The wolf fish has a very strong jaw with many flat teeth top and bottom it looks like it needs braces. very ugle the dorsel fin runs all the way down it's back but can weigh up in the 30lb. class. it is often the pool winner of a trip. I haven't seen a ling so I can't compare. I have my pictures back and will be posting them soon. Chief.
[signature]
You mean the Jack Pot winner?

They have 2 huge sharp teeth and get up to 30lbs and they live in the rocks and other structure.

Aaron
[signature]
[Wink] they get pretty big if you know where to find them...
[signature]