Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carp
I was wondering what would be some good flies for catching Carp. If you could show me pictures it would be apricated. Has anyone fished for bass on a fly at pineview if so I would like so types of fies to try thanks!
[signature]
Try this one I hear it makes quite a stink [Wink]
[signature]
That is funny!

I went to Utah Lake last year with Tube Dude, fully expecting to get skunked.
But instead, I landed 4 very nice sized carp.
I have the Rainy Carp Fly Collection, but to be honest, I catch carp on a simple
#12-#10 Haresear (rubber legs work great) and a Bead Head Prince Nymph.
In the Jordan River I do great with a grey Soft Hackle in a #12.
I don't think you need special flies. But I do use an Intermediate Line.
[signature]
Alright thank you for you info!
[signature]
Where you gonna try? I don't mean exact location if you want to keep it quiet.
I had a blast at Carping and can't wait to do it again.
[signature]
Bear Lake, Starvation, Pineview anywhere i can try it out i just want to see what it is like. i have never don it and everyone says it is one of the funest things to do. DO you have any places to suggest to try
[signature]
I am glad you posted this, I am interested in trying this out as well...
[signature]
I have only done it at Utah Lake, the Jordan River, and the pond in Sugarhouse Park LOL.
[signature]
give yuba a try. on the highway 89 side is great. my grandson(11yrsold) and me catch huge carp there on hoppers and worm imations all the time. can be windy but its good pratice for casting. dont have to wade out very far at all and there is plenty of room also. nice beach and restrooms and a chance of catching perch,trout.walleye also. have fun.
pa
[signature]
I don't want to be to nosey but what time of the year were you fishing up there? Is that on the way to strawberry? I have never been there but i would like to try it?
[signature]
sorry it took so long for a reply. last time I was at yuba was early nov. it may be iced over. yuba is located south of Levan and north of Gunnison. I will find out if there is any open water and send you a pm.
later
pa
[signature]
First off carp are awesome fish! Tied as my favorite type of fishing. As has been said any general nymph works well. I have come up with a few of my own patterns that I am partial to. Anything works, really its more presentation then the pattern. Have fun!
[signature]
and what would be the ideal presentation of a nymph to a carp ?

sm
[signature]
Putting it as close to the fish as you can without spooking it. Letting it sink to the correct depth and slowly strip in.
[signature]
Got that right Everet14. And they don't inhale like trout. Plus their lips are so soft you think they are hooked but then you are not.
[signature]
Hey Joni I have a sweet carp report from thursday. I will post it up when I get the pictures back on tuesday.
[signature]