Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yube 02-02
Went to Yuba Saturday boy whas it a blast. Wanted to thank all the BFT's that helped me find the location. I had never been there. Met some guys at BK in Nephi that were going to the dam. Talked to them for awile and then myself and brother in law fished at Painted Rock. I paid my money but the park ranger left a note on my car that I did not pay. Apparently I did not leave my ticket int he window. Never knew that!! Anyway got to the island and just fished to the left of the island about 100 yards. It really was tent city over there. We had great luck as soon as we got there we started gettign hit hard. Fished until about 2:30 then packed it up. We ended up bringin home out limit. I caught one that was about 4 inches and then I caught a nice 13.5 incher and the rest were 10-11. I would add pix but I did not bring a digital camera so I too pix with my disposable 35mm that I had in my back pack for years. Anyway saw alot of people by the island but it was pretty cold in the morning we stayed in our tent pretty much all day. I had another hole outside my tent and the last few hours I really started getting pounded in that hole. It was a great trip. Nugs, sorry I did not get back with you I menat to e-mail you to let you know I was going to Yuba and spoke with my brother in law late Friday and he ended up coming down from Logan. Anyway to all those that guided me to all the fish much abliged!! Probably end up going next weekend as well.
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report OTF, sounds like another great day at Yuba. You should have some good fillets to eat[Smile]. WH2
[signature]
Glad you had a blast out there saturday.I was to the east side of the island with my son.Glad you got your limit we had trouble even getting bites. Yuba can be fun now that you can actually keep perch! [cool]
[signature]