Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look at my boobie
[center][font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]No, no, no. My Irish Boobie fly that is. I know that I didn't use the right hook as I have a quantity of them to use in practice. Also the tail is longer than desired. But hey nobody else makes posts that requires a critique. Got to get some conversation going here. Hello - any one home?[Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=33312;][/center]
[signature]
....hmmmmm looks a little rough around the edges.. course then most Irishmen look that way too.. [angelic]... and remember.. Irish colors include orange and white on the National flag.. other than that I think it looks great.. [sly] (hey at least you took the time to tie one or two)...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Pristina"][#ff8000][size 4][cool]Did you ever see orange beer served on St Patty's Day?Trimming the eyes round is not my forte.[Wink][/size][/#ff8000][/font][/center]
[signature]
..you are correct there my friend.. but if that is a true Irish boobie fly then it COULD have some orange and white in it.. course that is only going with the Irish National flag.. we wont get into the Unionist or the Northern Ireland flags.. [sly].. also remember that Killians (good Irish name) is a RED beer.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]

[signature]
Actually, Dryrod, you hook is just fine as is the tail. Trust me, you want a long tail on these babies. Keep up the good work.
Something else you you to try, a few of the guys around here said they got a better float if you run a piece of foam down the back. You don't have to secure it at the tail, just up by the eyes.
Just something else to play with cause you got this fly down pat, or PATTY[laugh]
[signature]
[center][font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]I picked up some of Rainy's tubing. Included in the package were 8 patterns. Here is their version of the Boobie Fly. Like FGD said some people run the foam down the shank.[/size][/green][/font][/center] [center][/center] [center][/center] [center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=33325;][/center]
[signature]
...I say do it both ways... then you have two boobie flies to use.. use both and let the fishies decide which one they prefer.... [blush]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Hey Dryrod!

Your boobies are just fine........uh.......don't take it the wrong way. We are fishing partners and nothing more.

I know. Macfly and FG are destroying their computer screens in laughter while trying to figure out my comments on your boobies.[crazy]
[signature]
[center][font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]Thank goodness that you clarified that statement TubeN2 . At first I thought that you have been on the water too long.[Wink][/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
...I just hope you two are laughing as hard as I am.. [sly]

MacFly [cool][cool]
[signature]
It would be hard for me to determine what too much time on the water could be. I have done a few 5 and 7 day fishing trips on Ocean boats.

My longest tubing in the water was around 12 hours.[cool]
[signature]
I wondered why you were stairing at me
[signature]
I'm not that kind of guy. Boobies are boobies when presented properly.[cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]Hey there TubeN2 you don't get any respect. I guess that they are all jealous.[Wink][/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
It doesn't bother me none. I can handle it.[cool]
[signature]
Check out my Boobie...
[signature]
[cool][font "Pristina"][green][size 4]Now that is for the birds.[Wink] Here is a pix I took while fishing Yorba Regional Park. It is not a boobie but a Black Crown Night Heron. When fishing is a bust I will pull out the camera so that I can bring something home.[/size][/green][/font]

[center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=33625;][/center]
[signature]
OH GREAT! No you got Bendopole flipping us the bird also! way to go[mad][Tongue]
[signature]
[center][font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]Oh come on now FGD who flips the bird on Thansgiving at your house? LOL[Wink][/size][/green][/font][/center] [center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=33626;][/center]
[signature]
TV DINNERS! he, he, he. Actually, I had HAM[shocked]
[signature]