Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weston/Glendale 2/9
I headed up to Weston this morning got there at 5:45. We had a hard time finding fish and only got one good 'bow before headin off the ice at 10. Good thick ice with a little slush...hard edges. We talked to a few guys who each had a couple 'bows but no perch. One trout we saw was over 20"! I headed up to Glendale a little later and got there about 2:30. We punched holes in the slate in 40 Ft. of water and were right on the perch! We iced about a dozen a peice...a couple dinks for bait and a few nice perch in the 10-11" class! Just as the sun set i was the lone ranger out there and and the CRAPPIE rolled in like last week! I iced about 15 fast crappie as they rolled in. I started packin up and got SLAMMED! I fought this guy for about 3 minutes and expected to see a fatty trout come up...instead it was a fat bass!!! I snapped a quick pic and let him swim! I'd guess him just under/about 3 pounds? That was so fun to fight after pulling up all those panfish! Anyway... watch those edges i fell in about 10-15 ft. from shore on my way off up to my waist and had to keep bustin ice to get to shore...BRRRR!
[signature]