Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4-17-03 fishing yuba
the fuzzyfisher and aquaman hit yuba yesterday.. started out from the north state park boat ramp. this was the first time out with my new (used) boat got the boat in the water eveything working great.. head for the painted rock area to try and find some eye's.. on the way i look up over the wind shilld and there went my hat in the drink.. aquaman was giveing me a hard time about it LOL but not 2 min's later his went in the drink to lol.. we got set up to do some bottom bouncing had a good wind for drifting a good point.. aquaman promtly caught a 3lbs chunk of wood off the bottom.. then he caught a dead carp lol.. i sanged a (live) carp.. then the weather got realy weard on us the wind would blow from the weast one min then come from the soulth the next (all day the wind changed like that) it was hard to set up any kind of drift at all.. in the end we caught no eye's had some good hit's but nothing in the boat.. but it was a great day of fishing just not a good day of catching..

from the fuzzyfisher--------------------fish on dudes
[signature]
man 2 hats . . .bummer . . curtisfish has a couple he can lend ya . . hahah !!!

sm
[signature]
I might have one or two...[Tongue]

Glad to hear the boat did OK. Hope the fishing picks up.
[signature]
Sounds like a typical Yuba trip lately. When the wind picks up and is too strong for drifting or controlling your boat with the bowmount, I start trolling cranks and always knock 'em dead.

How's the water level?