Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
L.L. Bean's kayak
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]Perhaps it has been discussed before but I thought that I would offer my 3ยข worth. Inflation you know. Since L.L. Bean is one of our advertisers thought it would be okay to show their Kayak which retails for $499. Looks like a nice rig to me. But then again I have never been in one unless you call a canoe a cousin.[/size][/green][/font]

[center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=33526;][/center]
[signature]
That is actually one of the better priced, sit in Kayaks on the market. Rack up another one for LL Bean.[cool]
[signature]
I have the older version of LL bean Kayak. It is the Manatee, 40#, 9' plastic tub. I added rod holders and have had a great time. Been lifted out of the water by a Sting Ray, a Tarpon jump in with me, and a lot more fun.
You don't have these experiances watching the Golf Channel,
This new offering by LL Bean is what I would go for if I didn't allready have my yak.
[signature]
You are right about the Golf channel. The only thrill that I can get from it is being able to see which championship golf courses have the better fishing ponds in them.[cool]
[signature]
e little kayak.

ll beam dont make kayak.

they took the perception prodigy models.and did there own like other big store do.

nice little kayak.

the price seems good to.

good quality to.

thanks to share this.

joco
[signature]
Dryrod: I'm assuming you're a small guy, because that yak would never work for me. Of all the fishing yaks LL Bean sells, I prefer the Ocean Kayak Prowler Big Game Angler Sit-on-top.

At 34" wide (and nearly 13' long), it's so stable you have to work like h--- to turn it over. Heck, you can even stand in it to fish, once you get your sea legs.

It also has an incredible amount of space for fishing and other gear, and has a maximum capacity of (unbelievably) 550 to 600 pounds! And it's good in lakes or ocean inlets and bays.

It's not the fastest or most maneuverable yak out there, but it still does fairly well. And because Ocean is a well-known company, there's a ton of add-ons for it.

Yes, it costs more than the yak you like -- $829. But that's a great price for what you're getting (you'll pay $100-plus more from any other on-line dealer) and, like I said, it's the only yak out there for big people (I'm 6'4", 300 lbs.).
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Well I'm not big by any means. 5'8" & 175. I think that I will stay with my SFC tube. Fits me quite well. I only posted that info for those who might have an interest in a yak.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Yessir, you'd be crazy to buy my kayak then -- not to mention $400 lighter. So you can save yourself a heap! This is why I sometimes wish I'd been born to shorter parents. [cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]One advantage of being shorter and particularily a fly fisherman is that I don't have to sneak up on the fish. My size alone permits me to be stealth . LOL[Image: bobwink.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Well, that's not the case with me. But I would love to learn how to flyfish anyway. We have a great native trout stream here -- the only native trout stream in the country running through a major metropolitan center (right through the heart of downtown in a 1 million-plus population area). And I just hate to fish it with spinning gear 'cause I'm always losing lures, hooks and terminal tackle.[crazy]

Problem is I don't know any fly fishermen around here, and I really can't afford to pay anyone to teach me. So I'm sort of stuck. If there's anyone out there who lives near Bethlehem, PA and feels like initiating a new fly fishman, here's your chance![cool]
[signature]
If you want to try one and you are in Canada, I can arrange to take you out to try it.

****unapproved link*****Tn2
[signature]
Welcome aboard YakfishCanada and thanks for sharing with us here.

The forum has a policy that prohibits any type of links before 15 posts. After the 15, any links need to be approved by Moderators and Administrators prior to posting.

However, you can invite a member to share information in a Private Message.[cool]
[signature]
do you have any pictures of your OK Big game that you could share with me? I am looking for rigging ideas for mine. Thanks a bunch
[signature]