Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo Perch Fest
Headed up to Echo this morning with Fishooker to try for some nice trout. Didn't get any trout, but had a hayday with the perch and caught about 30 between the two of us. We brought home about 20 nice big perch for dinner. We fished close to the dam and used ice flies tipped with perch eyes.
[signature]
Sweet, looks like you had a good time. How was the slush monster up there?
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Thinkin' about heading up in the morning. Was there any particular depth that was hot?
[signature]
Hey Wasatch801, we met yesterday down at Yuba. Remeber? I had a good time down there, but the fishing was slow. I am headed up to Echo on Monday as well. I'll have a newbie with me. He is a flyfisherman and I am trying to find some good ice fishing for him. So far I have failed misearably. I plan on being down by the dam in about 30-35 feet of water. That is where I have done really well this year.

Maybe I'll see you out there.
[signature]
[Smile]Did you see anyone catching any trout? Or see any echoes on fish finder that looked that way? I'd like to take some grandskids fishing tomorrow. Thanks for any advice. Flashyfish
[signature]
It was hookjaw that posted the report. Maybe ask him.[Wink]
[signature]
fished echo on friday and had non stop action for perch hugging the bottom and picked up two trout suspened and had a few sniffers that never really hit hard enough to set the hook but looked good on the finder.
[signature]
No slush at all, probably the easiest walking all year. We were fishing in 40 feet of water right off of the bottom. We fished for an hour without a bite, and then finally caught a perch. We popped the eyes out and it was non stop after that. We only caught 4 perch under 8 inches, the rest were 8-10. Good eatin size.
I don't use a fish finder or any electronics, so I can't help with that one.
We also spotted some nice bucks on the way back. Check out my post on the Hunting board.
[signature]