Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travel Finz by Zeagle
A friend told me about these fins. He has tried them and is very happy with them. He says that they eliminate the scurnched toe feeling, specially when you layer up for colder water. I'll be giving them a try when I get back in the tube and meet up with him. Anyways thought I'd share.

AT

[url "http://www.zeagleexpress.com/html/product/products.php?T=3&pid=511"]http://www.zeagleexpress.com/html/product/products.php?T=3&pid=511[/url]
[signature]
...those are kind of cool looking.. I can see where they would be easier on the toes if you layer up.. my only concern would be the reliability of the latches because I see some sort of retainer (right term I hope) that would tell me that these may be prone to slipping off..

I look forward to hearing your assessment of these fins when you get a chance to try them out..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Macfly, I had the same concern, but he did tell me that there is a stap across the heel. I did not see it until I lightened the picture.
[signature]
what you say is true.. but that does not explain the retaining straps attached at the buckles.. dont get me wrong.. I can see where they would do exactly as advertised.. and that is why I am looking forward to your evaluation once you get a chance to try them.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Looks like they might be very comfy.

I'm still kinda sold on the quick release buckles of the Mares Avantis though.

I'd like to hear how it goes with those if you get them.

z~
[signature]
...I wonder if you could replace the straps on it with quick release ones.. might be worth it if it can be done...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks for the post and the intel. Looks like it might have a lot of potential...especially for guys with big feet that need more foot space during cold weather trips when they add a couple of layers.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]In the late 70's there was a limited number of good diving fins available that worked well for tubing. Many of those did not have an XL size. Nor did they have the nice soft foot pockets we enjoy these days. The fins I used were IDI Frogfoot and the biggest size I could find was L. It was fine for warm water tubing, but cramped the heck out of my feet when I added a couple of pairs of socks under my waders. So...I tried cutting out the toe section of the hard rubber foot pockets to relieve some of the pressure (see pic). It helped some, but I still got foot cramps from the constriction of the hard rubber on the sides of my feet.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The worst part? After only about a half year of use, the holes I had cut and carefully smoothed developed cracks in the rubber. I was unable to find any adhesive that would repair them so I had to buy a new pair of fins.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The good news is that I moved to Arizona shortly thereafter and seldom needed extra layers. Even better...less than a year after moving south I found my first pair of Plana Avantis...in XL size...in a dive shop in Tucson. I have never had constricted feet since.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The heel strap is a big issue. Most good dive fins have an adjustable heel strap...with quick release. That makes it much better for getting in and out of your fins while launching or beaching and provides better security against loss.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Since I do not take fins in a suitcase anywhere I go, the compact aspect of the folddown straps is not an issue with me. I always have plenty of room for my gear. I would look at them strictly from the standpoint of being (A) good fins (B) more comfortable for cold weather tubing with a lot of extra layers.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Please let us know if you get a chance to try them.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Those look pretty cool AT. I guess you'll have to get a little salt on them to find out if they pass the test.[Wink]
[signature]
Those straps with the "D" ring look like they for tethers. My FF have a little strap with a "D" ring for just that
Good looking fin.
[signature]