Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caddis Navigator Parts
I was just at Cabelas Bargain Cave here in Wisconsin and landed a Caddis Navigator Pro II for the incredible clearance price of $30.00. It is less a few parts, but that is not that big of a deal to me. At this low price, It came with some missing parts. With a little creativity, I am certain I can still make this work, ESPECIALLY since this is my third tube. Now I have room for two fishing buddies (children). They have been wanting to go for a while, but with bad knees, they might just be able to paddle themselves - I think I pulled them long enough!

Missing Part 1
The removable/velcro right side ditty bag (thats what I will call it). I have a spare ditty bag from Outcast that has the padded sides and the straps to secure it around the tube. Missing Part 1 solved.

Missing Part 2
The stripping apron is missing. here are many ideas on the site here from TubeDude/archives that I am certain I can work something out.

Missing Part 3
I am not certain what to call it, but the part that separates the two sides of the tube is also missing. I guess I will call this the stabilizer bar. This is a sort of pole shaped thing approximately 3' long that buckles into each side of the tube. This part is also missing. I am thinking I can us a piece of closet rod (with the ends rounded), PVC, or "something" to keep the tube from closing in on itself. I am certain this will be imperative to the stability of the tube, and do not think I can/should use the tube without it.

My questions are:
Does anyone know of a way to find spare or replacement parts for a tube?

Anyone got any of these spare parts I could buy? (how lucky would that be)?

I have looked via internet search. I find the tubes for sale all over the place, but no place to find any of the original equipment parts or even some replacement/spare parts. I even looked a the Caddis web site.

Any thoughts? Can anyone help? [mad]

Eric
[signature]
Howdy EPCJMC,

I used to have a Caddis Nav II and if I'm not mistaken the spreader bar and the stripping apron are all one piece, so unless you can get some specific Nav parts you'll have to innovate.

[url "http://www.shopoutdoors.com/floattubes.html"]Nav II[/url]

You should be able to use a Tupperware lid as shown in some of the archives for an apron. Some like them better anyway. Some kind of bar with velcro on each side should solve the spreader bar problem.

One more thing I might pass along. I always placed an old floating boat cushion on the sling seat which allowed me to ride just a little higher and gave me a little more speed. Just some suggestions.

zonker
[signature]
I have a caddis similar to yours and I can tell you for sure the bar and stripping apron are one unit.. the bar is padded and is slipped into pockets on the sides of the tube and then velcroed in place.. but.. if need be you can use a piece of pvc pipe to do the same job.. its just not padded .. and you could probably glue some velcro in place if you choose to do so...

..if you dont have an old boat cushion to use on the seat area you can easily pick one up at walmart for less than 10.oo... [Image: fish-on.gif]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sounds like you scored a good deal. Unfortunately, Caddis products are no longer made in the US and there is no company that supports them. They are strictly a "price line" item for outlets to sell as cheaply as possible for budget minded newbie tubers. There is no dealer I know of that sells replacement parts or accessories...except for air chambers.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][url "http://thefloattubestore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6&zenid=306dc392d215f7882171a608448f8b59"]THE FLOAT TUBE STORE[/url] Carries some parts and accessories, but their supply changes as the availability becomes more limited.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Crafting your own stabilizer bar and apron combo is probably the only option. There are some pics on our Picture Board that might give you some ideas. For strength and rigidity, I might recommend Schedule 40 PVC in 3/4". The 1" is larger than you need and the 1/2" might not provide enough strength.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=221097;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]PICTURE BOARD - APRONS[/url][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck and let us know what you come up with...or if you need more assistance.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I showed up to a fishing trip once without the stabilizer bar. I did have some PVC on the truck and made it work just fine.[cool]
[signature]
...I remember that day.. first time I ever went float tubing.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]