Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody feel the QUAKE?
I'm sure most of us have heard about the Nevada earthquake this morning??? I'm wondering if any other ice fisherman felt it? I was up at Oneida Narrows in Idaho at six and after fishin a while i heard a bunch of "pops and creaks" but I didn't think anything of it. Now i'm pretty sure it was from the quake, my sister and her family felt it in their house in Preston. My buddy was on Mantua and said he heard a bunch of popping also and noticed several new cracks when he walked off the ice at eleven!! I've always wondered about being on the Ice during a big earthquake...hope I never am!!!!! Anybody else feel it out on the Ice or at home/work...let's hear about it!

P.S. The fishing up there sucked today...i only iced one 10" walleye and got one other hit[unsure]
[signature]
I did feel it, I was laying in bed long after my alarm went off and the be started shaking, so I asked my wife if she was shaking her leg. She said she wasnt, and I didnt believe her, so I checked and saw that she was not moving her leg but the bed was still shaking. I thought my heart was just beating hard or something. Until I came into work and my coworkers said they felt it too.

I wish I had been on the ice though becuase it would mean that I would have been fishing.
[signature]
Didn't feel a thing.

How is that Oneida Narrows? I've thought about hauling my boat up there for a few days and staying at the hot springs camp ground. Do you know anything about that place?
Is there a place to launch a 19' boat?
[signature]
If my memory is good there is not a boat ramp at the hot springs...you'd have to drive the dirt road a couple miles down...i think. There is a campground right close to the boatramp that's alright to stay at though. I know the fishing is much better in the summer...i fished it from float tube as a teenager a few times. My brother inlaw fishes from the bank and does really well for walleye, i've just never had the chance to go with him.
[signature]