Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern Utah area lake recommendation, please
[Image: fish-on.gif][black][size 4]I will be in the St. George, Utah area the last week of March. Being from West Virginia, I am unfamiliar with the lakes in southwest Utah. Can anyone recommend any of the surrounding lakes for Large/Smallmouth Bass? If possible, what type of fishing works best on these lakes? Looking forward to a great time in your beautiful state. Thanks to any info you provide.[/size][/black]
[signature]
Quail and Sand Hollow are just North of St. George right off the freeway. Sand Hollow should be doing pretty good by then for numbers but Quail has larger fish but not as many but don't get me wrong they are getting big in Sand Hollow. Watermelom and Green pumpkin five inch Senkos always do good as well as a pig n' jig black/blue (pumpkin trailer) and spinnerbaits in white/chartreuse. The forage base is crayfish and bluegill with a few crappie mixed in and Quail has planted rainbow trout for when the bass want a slimy snack. I was in Virgina 1 1/2 years ago bass fishing Lake Anna and Mott's Run along with a couple others. Beautiful country out there.
Oh, rattletraps work good also. Cast out and let sink at different rates (I count seconds) before you start reeling when you find the fish continue the same count, they should be schooled up around then. You will even see some others chasing a caught fish hoping to steal it's dinner.
[signature]
[black][size 4]THANKS FOR THE INFO, JOHN. WE WILL DEFINITELY USE IT. HUMMINGBIRD
[/size][/black]
[signature]