Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake (report)
Went to the Bear yesterday,lauched at Cisco off the rocks at 6:30 water temp was 38.4 and the air temp was in the upper 20's. We fished for cutts trolling #7 flat fish in black and orange W/black dots,fished in 15-60'one pole on mono 15'down on a downrigger and the other on leaded line 4 colors out cought 4 cutts and lost 3 others the biggest being 23''.We marked a lot of fish from 8'-25'but the bite was fairly slow! We did some jigging with Pearl tubes and cisco in 65-90' cought 2 and missed a couple others,both cutts.Headed for the truck at 1:00,only talked to one other boat that did any good,they claimed they cought an 8#cutt??It was sunny,calm and warm when we left and the water temp was41.5.As we left there were quite a few boats down at South Eden,mabey that is where the action was??Over all a nice day to be out on the water."BIG FISH RULE"M.H.
[signature]
Thanks for the report musky hunter. We got you in the running for the fishing report of the week lure giveaway. Keep them reports coming.
[signature]
Where is South Eden?
[signature]
Just south of Cisco Beach about a mile by the big tree!!"BIG FISH RULE"M.H.[Wink]
[signature]
Which direction from First or Second Point?
[signature]
North of both,after you pass the scout camp there are some summer homes on the left by the water and up the road a little there is a couple ranch houseson your right,just a little ways past there there is a road that goes towards the water with a bunch of nice grassy camp spots and a restroom and a great big willow tree down by the water.I would say its about 2.5-3 miles past second point!!"BIG FISH RULE"M.H.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]As muskyhunter said, you're a few miles north of 2nd point. South Eden Canyon is the large canyon south of Cisco Beach and north of the summer homes he described. "The Willow" is darn near the largest tree on the south end of the lake. You can't miss it. You are basically a mile south of Cisco. Also you are a stone's throw from the deepest part of the lake. I know guys that like to fish "The Willow" a lot espiecally through the ice.[/size][/font]
[signature]
I saw the huge willow tree today. However, I prefer not talking about the fishing.
[signature]