Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly Tyer
Got the newest issue of "Fly Tyer" today. I have subscribed to this for many years and probably where I come up with most of my ties.
This issue is the BOMB! All tiers out there, you need to check this out. Nice Salmon Fly on the cover, but it has got a bunch of Denny Rickard's price flies (which I use on regular basis, specially the A.P. Emerger)
It also has Jelly Chironomids....KILLER!
[signature]
On Monday I checked out of the Library Denny Rickards' book "Fly Fishing Still Waters for Trophy Trout"

I will have to see if the Local fly shop has copies of that issue of Fly Tyer. I used to get that mag but there were just too many materials for me to buy and not enough time and talent to tie all that stuff. errr, what month vol/ issue is that??
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]It is the SPRING 2008.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]That Jelly Chironomid is cool and I have the material so I might have to tie one up and take a picture.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]BUT, Now I have this need to tie a Peanut Butter one...I alrady have the BREAD FLIE:[/size][/black][/font]
[inline "Carp Flies 3 450.jpg"]
[signature]
[Image: fish-on.gif]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=33781;][font "Pristina"][green][size 4]Guess that my copy should be arriving pretty soon.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
....guess what was in the mail for me when I got home tonite.. [Image: fish-on.gif]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"]FG wrote...I alrady have the BREAD FLIE:[/font][size 1] [/size]
------------------

Been out chasing Carp have you?
[signature]
For CARP I go with popcorn:

[Image: popcornfly.jpg]
[signature]
[center][font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]Looks a little bit like marshmallows.[Wink][/size][/green][/font][/center] [center][font "Pristina"][#008000][size 4]BTW TubeN2 might want to put them in a jar.[Tongue][/size][/#008000][/font][/center] [center][Image: fish-on.gif][/center]
[signature]
...id say that would be good for tn2.. but he would have to be very careful and remember to not try to eat either one for a snack.. can you say.. catch.. and pray for release???

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
bread flies, pop corn flies, and frenchfry flies are all good hatch of the day flies for carp in specific waters I guess.
[signature]
I try not to eat things like that on the water. Sugar and beer don't mix well.

I had no problem when Poky came out though. He brought some kind of energy bars. They actually complimented the fresh beer of the day. I had some fresh Budweiser Select in the 16oz Aluminum bottles. They were easy to keep chilled in the 41 degree water.[cool]
[signature]
That little popcorn fly looks like little globs of Yarn in a Jar! hee hee.

It does come in all the colors of the rainbow. I still haven't found a flavor that goes good with my Bud Light though.[crazy]
[signature]
..you must of been a boy scout.. lol. either that or you were hoping those aluminum bottles would act as an attractant to the fishies..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
The fishing didn't matter as much as the other factor.

"Cold, Fresh and Free" is our new fishing motto especially when any of my Bros come in from out of town to hit the water.[cool][Image: fish-on.gif]
[signature]
....hey...dont forget your in town bros.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I got you covered Bro. Don't sweat it.[cool]
[signature]
hic[crazy] hic [crazy] .. me sweat it.. no way.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I accidentally picked up some old beer today. It was manufactured on Feb 26th! Of all the nerve![cool]
[signature]
...thats it.. you are doomed to go to old beer hell.. [sly]

MacFly [Image: fish-on.gif]
[signature]
That would be fine with me. Just think!

2 day old beer with some of FGs Popcorn flies. What more could I want?[cool]
[signature]