Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Falls
Just wondering if anyone has been to American Falls reservoir at the Aberdeen Sportsmans Park area in the last couple of days? I just want to know how the edge ice is for one more trip to catch some of those great perch. Would appreciate an email if you have been there or Salmon Falls in the last (3) days.
[signature]
I was there today . Take a plank , there is about 5' of water around the edge . I kept 30 pearch over 7" . The largest was 11" . I am done here until next year , to hard to get on the ice .
[signature]
Thanks for the information. Sounds like it is fast coming to and end there. Glad you were able to get out and get some good perch. Enjoy them!
[signature]
I may go there in the morning. Still haven't decided yet. If I do go I'll post a report.
[signature]
I was thinking about running over in the morning if I can find a plank. If you see a red and black GMC It will be me.
[signature]
I'll have a plank if I go. I'll probably be there right at sun up. I have the red single cab toyota tacoma.
[signature]
I was at Sportsman's Park last Saturday for most of the afternoon. We fished on the north end along the rocks near the open water. Caught lots of small to medium size perch and one chub. Maybe if it doesn't go totally dry this year the perch will be bigger next year.
[signature]
Does anyone know about the river below the dam could I launch my boat and if I did how would the fishing be?
I am thinking of floating that first section below AF dam.
thanks
The river below the dam is closed to fishing until general season . If you have a jet boat they are launching and catching fish at Tildon Bridge . That is on Ferry Butte Road . This is above the lake instead of below it . I have had so much fun catching perch at Aberdeen Sportsmans Park I hate to see it end . I wish they would go and push the boat docks out on the ice so we would have access a couple of more weeks . Thanks Curt G.
[signature]
Thanks,
I'm in Utah and Idaho fishing is pretty much new to me.
I guess the first thing I should do is pick up a proclamation.
I just have a drift boat, can I take it down the palliSades section this early do you know?
thanks again
[signature]
The South Fork of the Snake below PaliSades is open to fishing right now but the boat ramps are not plowed from what I understand. Jimmy's All Season Anglers in Idaho Falls should be able to give you some up to date info about the different boat ramps. If you are willing to lauch and retrieve your drift boat by dragging it accross the snow I'm sure you could float the South Fork. The flows are very low (800 cfs at the Irwin gage) so it will be a much longer float than it usually takes. With the current low flows the South Fork is much easier to wade than it is during the summer.
[signature]