Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this should make you cali boys wanna come up
Hit the river today. landed some missed a bunch sunsine and 35 I was the only one one the river.[Image: fish-on.gif][cool][cool][cool] 1st couple pics nature at relax mode then the river and the catch. nice day
[signature]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]Hey there poky-mon you really know how to hurt your friends. Nice set of pictures.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
not trying to hurt just saying come on up any time of the year and fish some nice rivers
[signature]
[center][font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]Thanks for the invite.[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]BTW our temperture was about 80º today. Two days ago the high was 53º. Never know whether to turn on the heat or AC. A few more days of this weather and the trout will go deep until next winter.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
That is nice Poky. Your Trout have fins on them. We only have finless Freddies over here. Bishop area is a different story.

I like those other Trout with ears on them. Did you catch any of those on your "Buck Tail" flies??? ha ha.

Let's go to Bishop. There are real Trout there and they do bite on lint too. Others will bite on the "Yarn in a Jar".

I couldn't quite tell how big your fish were. You need to get a tape measure like mine.[cool]

[inline 3cantrout.JPG]
[signature]
...great pics... you can sure tell hunting season is over.. [Smile]
[signature]
they were average 8-10" so i'd say 1 1/2 cans they all had fins and good fight for little guys
[signature]
Poky, looks like we will be headed up there Friday night.
I got to the pond for an hour today. Tried various flies on the dry, then switched to the WET CELL II on the 4wt. and one every cast. Used a 4' leader and a TADPOLE or Gartside Gurgler.

[Image: P2270001450.jpg]

[Image: P2270004450.jpg]

Got hit for the License also, good thing I went to Smiths first and grabbed one while there.

What River?
[signature]
[center][cool] [font "Pristina"][green][size 4]Nice catch FGD. Isn't the Gartside Gurgler tied with foam parts? What colors do you tie? [Image: fish-on.gif][/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
I like the LOCO FOAM. I tie black, red, orange, white, olive, brown, etc. This one was Olive marabou tail, Green metallic foam, and Olive or Peacock Cactus/Estaz Chenille.
Deadly today! Problem was I was using a Gartside softhackle and a woolly worm at first and would get a slam then nothing, plus a lot of weeds. I knew they were hanging on the bottom cause I could see the Albino's so I thought the wet cell forms a nice belly in the line, attach a fly that will rise above the moss....it worked after trying black first...OLIVE!
[signature]
How you supposed to get a good measure on your fish if you don't have any beer cans???[cool]
[signature]
... great looking fish sis.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]