Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake from shore (report)
I was up at Bear Lake all weekend with family. I didn't take the boat because I wanted to hang out with family for Easter weekend rather then float around on the water all weekend. Nevertheless, I did get out fishin' for a couple hours Saturday morning before the rest of the family crawled out of bed.

I pitched hardware off the State Park Marina dike. Caught two decent Cutt's on a classic Jake's a (brass with red dots). Nothing else I tried worked. In an attempt to simulate a Sculpin, I even tried dragging a dark-brown with black speckles Berkley Power Grub along the rocky bottom. I felt like I was bass fishin' for trout. Nothin' took it. Oh well... I should have just stuck with the Jake's, but I DO love to experiment. I must say that as far as shore fishin' at Bear Lake, a classic Jake's has produced more fish for me then any other lure. Next in line would probably be a classic red and white Dare Devil. I would still like to give the grub another chance before the Sculpin are done spawning.
[signature]